cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fragment library with SAP?

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

We want to deploy a set of forms that use references to fragments stored in a fragment library, because there are a lot of elements in common among the forms. Some will change over time and we would like to maintain them in one place. Is this possible with interactive forms for SAP? Would we use a file server location or is there a way to use the MIME repository?

System is SAP Netweaver 7.01 and Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.1.

Thanks,

Margaret

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A thread with similar issue was created today. May be you can share your suggestions / findings for benefit of all.

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Thank you for the prompt. I was going to get to it ...

Actually I did not find a way to use the fragment library with referenced objects. By 'referenced" we would mean to be able to change the object in the library and all referencing items would be updated. We did NOT find how to do that.

What we did find, that is still useful to us, and probably anyone working in a development team, is that we could create the library in a shared location and store common fragments there. To use the fragments, go to the library, drag the fragment from the library to your form layout, then 'convert to embedded object' (I think this is on the right click menu, Fragments> convert to embedded object).

This way you still get the benefit of consistency amongst forms using the same element, and only having to develop each element once.

I hope you find this helpful!

Margaret

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well will try and research on it when I have access to system. Anyways thanks for promptly replying and sharing your input.