cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostics System: Managed System Setup Wizard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!

I have installed the Host Agent and Diagnostic Agent on a test-system successfully. Now I have tried to start the Setup Wizard for managed systems (http://<hostname>:port/smd). The system collection was no problem, but the Setup Parameters. If I choose the directories of the "System Install Path", the "Instance Path" and also the "Instance Number" the following Message appears: "No Diagnostics Agent available at this time Please install or start an SMD Agent for <hostname>".

I don't know the reason, because the Diagnostic Agent is running and I think my parameters will be okay:

System Install Path: usr/sap/DAA/

Instance Path: usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/

Instance Numer: 97

Is there a failure?

I look forward to your reply!

Best reagrds,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to register your managing system in it's own SLD ... since the managing system is a dual stack solman system,

you need to run RZ70 for ABAP side, and create destinatiom SLD_DataSupplier and run service SLD Data Supplier.

Destinations can be edited via

http://host:5##00/nwa > System management > Configuration

The service SLD_DataSupplier can be run from visual administrato.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

can you explain it more exactly how to register the Solution Manager in it's own SLD? Or maybe you have a link of a documentation?

Thanks for your answer!!

Best regards,

Andreas

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!

I have found an interesting warning:

Managing System '<hostname>' is registered in the SLD but the CIM declaration is not valid, the agents cannot be attached correctly. check SLD Managing system declaration. (detail: CIM_ERR_FAILED: Cannot find SAP_BCCentralServiceInstance of SAP_J2EEEngineCluster SAP_J2EEEngineCluster.CreationClassName="SAP_J2EEEngineCluster",Name="<hostname>" in SLD LR)

I think it is the reason for my problems .. Can anybody help me?

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes of course, I found this tab. But there is no entry .. In my last answer I described, that I can find the Agent with the link "Agent Candidates Management", see above ...

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Agent administration, there will be Agent tab where you see all the agents installed in your landscape..

In Agent tab, you may see - Full host name, Server name, Host Name for installed agent- where anyone of the details in missing as <no server name>

Just assign server hostname either virtual or physical to show up on diagnostic - managed system setup wizard..

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

thanks for your answer. When I open Agent Administration there is no hostname to check. But if I click on the link "Agent Candidates Management" and apply in the following screen the connection of SLD, the "SLDAgentCandidates" shows me the hostname, sid and nr of my agent. The status is: "This agent is not associated to any managing system ..."

So I think I have to add it first to a managing system.

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error is due to virtual/physical hostname assigned during SMD agent installation on satellite system..

Login into this link and check the hostname entry on agent administration..

http://server:port/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcsmdnavigation/StandaloneApp?APP_ID=ADMIN_AGENT

Regards

Suresh