Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acknowledgements taking too long to return

former_member182503
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a scenario ABAP Proxy - SOAP - ABAP Proxy using async - sync bridge that, in the ABAP Proxy side I request Acknowledgements to check if there's any kind of problem in the process, like communication failure.

The question is that when the communication works properly, the acknowledgement takes too long to return to the sender system, taking aprox. 3 minutes to be delivered.

Is there a way to improve the response time of Acknowledgements?

Best regards,

José Nunes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is there a way to improve the response time of Acknowledgements?

it depends on how fast the receiver sends it to XI/ PI.....are 3 minutes required to get the ack from target to XI? Config in XI/ PI may not be able to help you if target itself is taking too long.

I have a scenario ABAP Proxy - SOAP - ABAP Proxy using async - sync bridge that, in the ABAP Proxy side I request 
Acknowledgements to check if there's any kind of problem in the process, like communication failure.

Is the ack going back to the original sender? If yes then why async-sync bridge.....or am i confused

former_member182503
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your fast reply.

it depends on how fast the receiver sends it to XI/ PI.....
are 3 minutes required to get the ack from target to XI? 
Config in XI/ PI may not be able to help you if target itself is taking too long.

You mean that when my WebService return the result to PI the Ack is triggered back to the sender system(ERP), meaning that the bad Ack response time is related to the WebService itself, right?

The ~3 min are not really required, as the WS Sync call doesn't take this long to be processed.

Is the ack going back to the original sender? If yes then why async-sync bridge.....or am i confused 😐

Yes, the Ack is going back to the ERP. Let me try to explain why I'm using async-sync approach with Ack.

When everything works fine and the Sync communication with the WebService is successfully processed, the ERP system receives the response from PI via ABAP Proxy and the process ends successfully.

When the sync interface fails (the WS call) due to Communication Failure or Application Failure, no async message is triggered back to the ERP carrying out the error message, so I'm using the Acknowledgement to identify and handle error situations and it's already working properly.

My concern is the time that the Acknowledgement takes to be triggered back to ERP system when the Sync communication is successfully processed.

Thanks in advance,

José Nunes

Edited by: Jose Nunes on Jul 29, 2010 3:42 PM

Answers (0)