cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP data protector integration with MaXDB (SAP R3)

former_member430534
Participant
0 Kudos

I have installed hp data protector 6.1 sucessfully in my DEV linux based server. i have taken backup via hp data protector but when i am trying to restore backup on same system i have gotten error (started session Manager got Bad option). any one have idea.

kindly tell me SAP R3 integration with MaXDB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member430534
Participant
0 Kudos

I did not find knldiag.err file. although i tried to search but file not found. i am using MaXDB version 7.7.06. my log dbm.ebl detail is mention below.

1) dbm.ebl

Using '/sapdb/data/wrk/SOL/dbm.ebf' as external backup history.

Found External Backup ID 'SOL 10072923:1 /var/opt/omni/tmp/SOL.BACKDP-Data[1].1'.

Wrote '4C5153B20011|DAT_000000013|SOL 10072923:1 /var/opt/omni/tmp/SOL.BACKDP-Data[1].1|DATA MIGRATION|2010-07-29 15:11:00|BACK|0||BACKDP-Data[1]|vftPipe|NO|0|8|S|/var/opt/omni/tmp/SOL.BACKDP-Data[1].1|0|' to the external backup history.

Have updated external backup history successfully.

2010-07-29 15:24:37

Making a backup of the Backup History files.

2010-07-29 15:24:37 The backup tool is not running.

Copying output of Backint for MaxDB to this file.

-

Begin of output of Backint for MaxDB (/var/opt/omni/tmp/SOL.bsi_out)----

#SAVED 10072923:1 /var/opt/omni/tmp/SOL.BACKDP-Data[1].1

-

End of output of Backint for MaxDB (/var/opt/omni/tmp/SOL.bsi_out)----

Removed Backint for MaxDB's temporary output file '/var/opt/omni/tmp/SOL.bsi_out'.

Copying error output of Backint for MaxDB to this file.

-

Begin of error output of Backint for MaxDB (/var/opt/omni/tmp/SOL.bsi_err)----

-

End of error output of Backint for MaxDB (/var/opt/omni/tmp/SOL.bsi_err)----

Removed Backint for MaxDB's temporary error output file '/var/opt/omni/tmp/SOL.bsi_err'.

Preparing backup.

Setting environment variable 'BI_CALLER' to value 'DBMSRV'.

Setting environment variable 'BI_REQUEST' to value 'OLD'.

Setting environment variable 'BI_BACKUP' to value 'FULL'.

Constructed Backint for MaxDB call '/opt/omni/lbin/sapdb_backint -u SOL -f backup -t file -p SAPDB.8715.1280398258.par -i /var/opt/omni/tmp/SOL.bsi_in -c'.

Created temporary file '/var/opt/omni/tmp/SOL.bsi_out' as output for Backint for MaxDB.

Created temporary file '/var/opt/omni/tmp/SOL.bsi_err' as error output for Backint for MaxDB.

Writing '/sapdb/data/wrk/SOL/dbm.ebf' to the input file.

Writing '/sapdb/data/wrk/SOL/dbm.knl' to the input file.

Prepare passed successfully.

Starting Backint for MaxDB.

Starting Backint for MaxDB process '/opt/omni/lbin/sapdb_backint -u SOL -f backup -t file -p SAPDB.8715.1280398258.par -i /var/opt/omni/tmp/SOL.bsi_in -c >>/var/opt/omni/tmp/SOL.bsi_out 2>>/var/opt/omni/tmp/SOL.bsi_err'.

Process was started successfully.

Backint for MaxDB has been started successfully.

Waiting for the end of Backint for MaxDB.

2010-07-29 15:24:37 The backup tool is running.

2010-07-29 15:24:42 The backup tool process has finished work with return code 0.

2010-07-29 15:24:42 The backup tool is not running.

Ended the waiting.

Checking output of Backint for MaxDB.

Have found all BID's as expected.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see any error there so my only advice is that you go through the procedure steps as mentioned in this [documentation|http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_7/45/74683612e14022e10000000a1553f6/content.htm].

Nelis

former_member430534
Participant
0 Kudos

i recieved error error (started session Manager got Bad option). when restore data on same linux server for testing purpose.

kindly, can you tell me which log file you are required. is it /var/log/message?

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

kindly, can you tell me which log file you are required. is it /var/log/message?

Take a look in the directory /sapdb/data/wrk/DEV - DEV could be another name depending on what your called your database.

You should see more detailed information on the error in your dbm.ebl file or knldiag.err in the above directory. What version of MaxDB are you using ?

"Bad option" seems to indicate a configuration error. Have you tried to backup and restore a single file just as a test that everything is working before you try backup/restore the database ?

Nelis

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have installed hp data protector 6.1 sucessfully in my DEV linux based server. i have taken backup via hp data protector but when i am trying to restore backup on same system i have gotten error (started session Manager got Bad option). any one have idea.

Well - without logfiles, the exact error message and your configuration everything here would be wild guessing.

Markus