cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication between two Java applications...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Situation:

Portal, Java application communicating with SAP R/3.

The application consists of some JSP pages, their DynPages and Business classes.

The main page has an HTMLX table. The table can have 1 - 200 rows, data are not saved (yet).

When a button is pressed, a pop-up window should appear, with, also in an HTMLX table, (some of) the data (all rows) presented in the HTMLX table of the main screen.

Question:

I cannot find any documents or (preferrably) examples on how to handle this...

(afaik EPCF doesn't handle HTMLX tables or much data)

Can anyone give a clue?

TIA,

Mylene

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mylene,

I hope I have understood your problem correctly. I can try to give you a tip. The times I've had to do a pop-up, for instance to show details or a part of the data in a table, I call a javascript function with the required parameters (an ID for details or an array of rows) when the button is pressed or a link is clicked. The function then builds a URL with all the paremeters and uses it to call the standard window.open function. After that the request is handled "as usual", ie as if you didn't actually do a pop-up but simply displayed a new page. The content of the pop-up is a jsp with all the required code to build the table and/or display the data. The contents of the table or data are retrieved with the help of the parameters sent.

I'm not sure if the portal kit provides some kind of standard functionality for this, but in the cases I've worked with J2EE solutions this has been the most common way of solving the problem.

I hope this helps.

kind regards,

Dionisios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dionisios,

Thanks a lot. The only problem is that I cannot pass 200 parameters (worst case scenario - but it must be possible in our program!)

Mylene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mylene,

I understand the problem. I Believe I've faced that problem myself as well and it's not an easy one to solve. I'll take a moment to think about it and see if I can come up with something. Maybe you could structure the parameters someway so you don't have to send all of them? Why not send an interval? Would that be possible?

regards

Dionisios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dionisios,

Intervals are no option. I have to take data out of a table, and put them in another table (max. 200 rows). At the moment we are thinking of a temporary databasetable to store the data. It will give more overhead than I wanted to, but it seems the only possibility.

Mylene