cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supply chain performance management( SCPM ) - Briefing Book handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey scpm community,

I created a briefing book. that worked fine so far. but there are several questions on this topic:

1) now i assigned some objects and in the overview (button on the right side) i can see the order of the assigned objects.

is there any possibility to change the order while editing the briefing book. or do i have to assign the content of an briefing

book in the right order starting from the beginning ?

2) What do i have to do to refresh e.g. the definition if a report. what i did is i assigned a report to a briefing book. afterwards i changed the report definition. i thought the report assigned in the briefing book would be updated automatically but at the moment i still get the old definition displayed

3) When i execute a breifing book there is a button on the right side to export the actual screen (export page as image). when i'm using this function i get a file called 'briefing' without any file extension. is this function meant to create a file without extension ?

Hope someone can support me !

Best regards,

Moritz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moritz,

You can change the order of the briefing book pages, with an easy drag&drop feature. This is part of the standard functionality and you can find this option using one of the buttons on the right of the briefing book.

For your other question, the briefing book is a snapshot of data that will remain consisten even if the data or report changes in the future. You have the possibility to refresh a single page, or even all the pages of a briefing book to show the most recent data for the captured screens, but the structure should remain the same. Anyway, after changing a report you can recapture it to the briefing book and organize it in your prefered way.

Actually the file you generate when exporting a single page from the briefing book should be a .jpg

Perhaps this should be a topic for SAP support to review.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ricardo,

thanks for your quick reply !

1. The drag & drop function is not working in our system. so far this topic should be adressed in an oss

2. Where do i refresh the pages/whole book ? At the moment I have a report in a briefing book. the structure of the report was changed after adding it but the structure of the report in the book remains the same.

3. I think this is also a topic to be adressed via OSS

Best regards,

Moritz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moritz,

Good timing, I was working on getting an article published regarding Briefing Book. Here it is "[Briefing Book Functionality|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/20345] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];". To Drag & Drop pages to rearrange them, you will need to place your cursor in the right location. At the end of my article which has a download of a video that should explain how to do it. If you are still running into issues, please open up a message.

Regarding refresh, the objects in the briefing book are independent of the actual object (also explained in my article). So if you modify / change or delete the original object it does not influence the object in the Briefing Book.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much, this was very helpful to me.

In your blog you're writing about 'Spend Performance Management' and I was asking about scpm. But when I look at your Blog and those screenshots it pretty much looks the same.

Is spm and scpm basically the same but just differentiated by the content ? And are there some more applications beside these ones that basically look and work the same ? What about strategy management and sustainability management ?

Best regards,

Moritz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moritz,

I am glad you like the article.

Yes, SCPM & SPM are based on the same architecture. In fact SPM was the first in this series of applications and SCPM was second. End of this year / early next year we have more applications from EPM (Enterprise Performance Management) using it. BPC (Business Planning and Consolidation), SSM (SAP Strategy Management) and more in the future.

Basically the architecture is the flash based UI is delivered through the portal (for SPM and SCPM) and the data is store in BW ABAP. Yes the main difference between the two is the data model but there are some functionality in UI as well.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moritz,

I am glad you like the article.

Yes, SCPM & SPM are based on the same architecture. In fact SPM was the first in this series of applications and SCPM was second. End of this year / early next year we have more applications from EPM (Enterprise Performance Management) using it. BPC (Business Planning and Consolidation), SSM (SAP Strategy Management) and more in the future.

Basically the architecture is the flash based UI is delivered through the portal (for SPM and SCPM) and the data is store in BW ABAP. Yes the main difference between the two is the data model but there are some functionality differences in UI as well.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rohit,

thanks for your input on SCPM architecture. I have a few remarks on your answer:

1) What does SPM stand for ? Spend performance management ?

2) I thought Strategy management is already on this platform due to the similar look and feel !?

3) Is there an existing roadmap to transform BPC into this architecture ? I was just wondering because

it's basically Excel and there is except the management console no web with flash based UI inculded.

Cheers,

Moritz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moritz,

1. Yes, SPM stands for Spend Performance Management.

2. The currently release of Strategy Management has its own interface with a HTML look and feel (and not Flash based). The plan is for them to move to flash based UI.

3. Yes rather than using Excel as a user interface they are planning to have a flash UI. I am not a BPC expert so would recommend to post on BPC forum.

Also all the above move to Flash is planned, so wait for the official announcement.

Also you might want to move these questions to a different post (this is regarding Briefing Books)...

Regards,

Rohit

Edited by: Rohit Kamath on Aug 12, 2010 9:55 AM

Answers (0)