Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acknoledgement from file adapter

gabor_hornyak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have a simple Idoc2File scenario where the sender is SAP and the receiver is third party.

When sending an Idoc, the file is properly created in the target directory and the file adapter is trying to send back an acknowledgement which is good because I need to set the Idoc status to 12 (or to a different error stat).

The problem is that PI cant send this ack back to SAP:

"Unable to convert the sender service MYSERVICE to an ALE logical system"

MYSERVICE doesnt have a logical system name as it is thirdparty system but I still need to update the Idoc stat. in the sender SAP system.

That would be a system ack - if the file has reached the target ftp or not. (no application ack needed so I dont want to implement an additional scenario for that purpose)

I ve read about similar issues with solution of setting header mapping but I dont have Idoc commch just one file channel.

any idea?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hornyak,

Do you want to get the transport acknowledgment of the scenario?

In that case it is possible to do with a bpm.

In BPM send step you have set your Acknowledgment type as 'Transport'.

1.If it's a ack just like another response message ,in that case you have to make your interface synchronous.

2.you need to catch the ack in a interface and map it to a inbound shipping notification which in turn will update the IDOC status. 3.You have to maintain Inbound Parameter in Partner Profile maintenance page in Source system.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gabor_hornyak
Explorer
0 Kudos

I ve found a much simpler solution:

1. I have to use business component instead of business system for my third party in order to have the possibility of changing adapter specific attr

2. enter a logical name for the adapt. spec.attr. - cn be anything

3. in the sender sap system create this LS in bd54

4. in sender sap create partner prof. in we20 and inbound param for ALEAUD

now my Idoc status gets updated as wanted

I can still see the Acknowledgement not possible icon in the monitor but it is wrong as the ack works perfect

And I emphasize that I have a single file receiver channel in my scenario!

No Idoc channel, or extra interf det, receiver det. for the acknowledgement.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabor,

I'm trying to apply your interesting "low cost" solution but I miss the step where I enter the logical name for the adapt. spec.attr.

Do I insert it on the file adapter (ASMA) or somewhere in the Business Component definition?

What release of PI were you working with?

Thanks a lot