cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport request is not flagged for import into production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A) When 'Pass to Test System', benig in 'In Development' state, it gives the following warning message:
1. No import into test system has taken place

However, when I test particular transport request, it seems to be present in test system

---

B) When in 'To be Tested' state, 'Confirm Successful Testing', it prompts the following warning message, and status remains in 'To be Tested state.

1) Status was reset by system
2) No import into test system has taken place
3) Transport request is not flagged for import into production

Again, if I manually refresh STMS queue in Production server and reprocess step B, it perfectly changes status to Successfully Tested.

What could be the reason for both steps? How to avoid it? Any suggestion?

Best Regards,

Nayab

Edited by: Nayab Siddiqui on Jul 29, 2010 5:00 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nayab,

sorry but i don t see any other options than debugging what Solman does so you can see exactely where the problem comes from. You might need a developer help though.

In SE24 (class) open class CL_SOCM_URGNT_CORR_INSTANCE and please go to method CHECK_CONDITION. Then go to line 51 WHEN 'IMPORT_INTO_TEST_OK' (for test 1) and put a break point and please go to line 567 WHEN 'PREP_FOR_PROD' and put a breakpoint (for test 2) .

In both Solman calls function modul: CALL FUNCTION '/TMWFLOW/TU_CHECK_IMPORT'. This where something goes wroong. Please step in it and see why results are different from exepected

PS: could you please also put back action E0005 10 IMPORT_TEST into table of actions depending on status before you debug so you have standard behavior !

Hope this helps

Regards

Khalil

Edited by: Khalil SERRHINI on Jul 30, 2010 2:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Khalil for being there to assist.

SAP Note 1413720 resolved my issue.

Regards,

Nayab

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nayab,

glad you found where problem was coming from. I actually read that sap note when searching to help and did nt guess it was related cause its an update of a local table - in solman. So i guess not only charm uses rfc to check results but also local tables

Good for you Nayab

Regards

Khalil

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nayab,

i am scared you misunderstood. I was nt saying that error will disappear but that by retrying to set status to next value it might work without having to refresh queue.

I am like 99% sure it does not come from there. Cause i ve implementing SDHF/ZDHF like 10 times alreadu and i ve never heard about such thing.

Anyways, could you please redo test (meaning trying to launch action 'Confirm Successful Testing' for a ticket that was reset by system without refreshing buffer in STMS)

You can follow what Solman does by putting a break point at line 51

WHEN 'IMPORT_INTO_TEST_OK'

of method CHECK_CONDITION of class CL_SOCM_URGNT_CORR_INSTANCE.

You ll notice that within CALL FUNCTION '/TMWFLOW/TU_CHECK_IMPORT' done in line 88, Solman is supposed to return results after a buffer refresh ! even if that s not visible in transaction STMS i guess !

Keep us updated

Regards

Khalil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khalil,

Thanks for your reply.

Ok, that fine. I thought it would get disappeared, sorry about that.

Nice to hear about your implementations. This will surely help in our initial deployment

I have redo the same tested as mentioned, but still getting the same error and the status is still in 'To be tested', although I've

mentioned E0005 as follows:

E0004	1	RFC_DEST	SOCM_ACTION_LOG		Cancel
E0004	5	NO_BUSINESS_PARTNER	SOCM_ACTION_LOG	022	Cancel
E0004	10	MAINT_INST	SOCM_ACTION_LOG		Cancel	E0002
E0004	20	TASKLIST_ACTIVE	SOCM_ACTION_LOG		Cancel	E0002
E0004	30	TR_REQUEST	SOCM_ACTION_LOG		Cancel	E0002
E0004	40	ANY_CHANGES	SOCM_ACTION_LOG		Cancel	E0002
E0004	50	IMPORT_INTO_TEST_OK	SOCM_ACTION_LOG		Warning	*E0005*
E0005	1	RFC_DEST	SOCM_ACTION_LOG		Cancel
E0005	5	SAME_USER	SOCM_ACTION_LOG	021	Warning	E0004

Although we can skip this warning message somehow, but it will also skip if there's an actual error within the transport

request.

In short, problem persists. Am I doing something wrong OR might be i haven't done what you have suggested, as might perceived different with your perspective.

Warm Regards,

Nayab

Former Member
0 Kudos

nayab..its a simple solution and its definitely security,

In 000 client and check if your user has import profiles (S_TMW_ADMIN, S_TMW_develo, S_TMW_OPERA...etc) in the Q systems.

then make sure his roles SAP_SOCM_Developer and SAP_CM_SMAN_DEVELOPER have proper authorizations for auth objects

B_USERSTAT, S_CTS_ADMI, TMWFLOW/D, TMWFLOW/T under AAAB, CRM- CRM_ORD_LP (OP,PR).

the user has to exist in 000 clients in addition to the produciton clients. you should be able to import without any warnings.

Thanks,

Amar

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nayab,

could you please test situation 2 (the one that resets status) and without refreshing buffer wait for like lets say 5 minutes and retest again and confirm that error occurs again !

Regards

Khalil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Khalil for your reply and cleaing my concepts as well.

I have checked after waiting 24hrs, but didn't find it to be transported error-free. BASIS team suggested to check authorization so I've tried with SAP_ALL profile, but didn't get the solution. I'm still confused why I have to manually press Refresh in STMS->Overview->Imports and then press "Confirm as Successful Test" to change the status to "Successfully tested"

For your first post, you're absolutely right that it doesn't change the status, which is being done rightly. The only issue seems to be is with refreshing. Or might be i'm not thinking out of the box to resolve this issue

Regards,

Nayab

Edited by: Nayab Siddiqui on Jul 30, 2010 3:16 PM

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nayab again,

i ll try explaining solman behavior in two situations you mentionned

A) When 'Pass to Test System', benig in 'In Development' state, it gives the following warning message:

1. No import into test system has taken place

However, when I test particular transport request, it seems to be present in test system

This comes from check

E0004 50 IMPORT_INTO_TEST_OK SOCM_ACTION_LOG Warning

You ll notice that last column is empty so Solman when receiving a KO from condition does not change user status of your SDHF

B) When in 'To be Tested' state, 'Confirm Successful Testing', it prompts the following warning message, and status remains in 'To be Tested state.

1) Status was reset by system

2) No import into test system has taken place

3) Transport request is not flagged for import into production

Again, if I manually refresh STMS queue in Production server and reprocess step B, it perfectly changes status to Successfully Tested.

This comes from check

E0005 10 PREP_FOR_PROD SOCM_ACTION_LOG Cancel E0004

You ll notice that last column is not empty this time so Solman when receiving a KO from condition restes your status back to E0004 that is 'To be Tested'

So those 2 behaviors are normal assuming checks are correct.

1st Check IMPORT_INTO_TEST_OK does use an RFC and check import results in satellite system directly and i don t see why it would need a refresh. The action of refresh does not esist in Solman. You re not supposed to do a refresh in order to have the correct info !

Znd Check PREP_FOR_PROD checks if transport requests are in Prod buffer and if you have 2 test system. Condition will obviously fail. Hence the reason i was asking for your architecture

Regards

Khalil

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nayab,

can you please provide checks depending on status as well.

Can you also please confirm that your landscape has only one test system like DEV -> QUAL -> PRD and that is not like

DEV -> QUAL -> PPRD -> Prd

Regards

Khalil

Edited by: Khalil SERRHINI on Jul 30, 2010 11:08 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anil but I've already done that.

Khalil, Yes, we have only one test system which is QAS. The landscape is like DEV->QAS->PRD

The condition are as follows:

E0001	5	NO_BUSINESS_PARTNER
E0001	10	IB_CMP_OK
E0001	20	MAINT_INST
E0002	1	RFC_DEST
E0002	5	NO_BUSINESS_PARTNER
E0002	10	MAINT_INST
E0002	20	TASKLIST_ACTIVE
E0002	30	BO_LINKS_COMPLETE
E0002	40	NO_CRTCL_OBJ
E0004	1	RFC_DEST
E0004	5	NO_BUSINESS_PARTNER
E0004	10	MAINT_INST
E0004	20	TASKLIST_ACTIVE
E0004	30	TR_REQUEST
E0004	40	ANY_CHANGES
E0004	50	IMPORT_INTO_TEST_OK
E0005	1	RFC_DEST
E0005	5	SAME_USER
E0005	6	NO_BUSINESS_PARTNER
E0005	9	IMPORT_INTO_TEST_OK
E0005	10	PREP_FOR_PROD
E0006	1	RFC_DEST
E0006	5	NO_BUSINESS_PARTNER
E0006	10	IMPORT_INTO_PROD_OK
E0007	5	NO_BUSINESS_PARTNER
E0008	1	RFC_DEST

Regards,

Nayab

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nayab,

could you please tell us whichi transaction type is it ? is it SHDF, SDMJ ? or a specific one ?

Can you please confirm that if its an HF kind transaction type (sdhf or zdhf) you made sure in spro that condition import ok occurs action action of import under node 'Make Settings for Change Transaction Types' in ChaRM section

Regards

Khalil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Khalil for your interest.

Well, we are on UC messages (type SDHF). Yes, here is the snapshot of the configuration

E0001	0	CREATE_HF
E0001	20	SET_BO_LINKS
E0002	10	CREATE_HF
E0002	20	CREATE_REQ
E0002	30	SAVE_PARTNER
E0002	40	SET_BO_LINKS
E0004	10	RELEASE_REQU
E0004	20	IMPORT_TEST
E0005	20	SAVE_PARTNER
E0006	10	IMPORT_PROD
E0006	20	SET_PREDOC
E0007	0
E0008	0
E0008	5	SET_PREDOC
E0008	10	CLOSE_TSK_LS
E0009	0
E0010	10	DELETE_EMPTY
E0010	20	SET_PREDOC
E0010	30	CLOSE_TSK_LS

I have just deleted

E0005	10	IMPORT_TEST

as it seems to be repetitive.

Any other suggestion?

Best Regards,

Nayab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Khalil, let me clarify the bottleneck.

When 'Pass to Test System" action is performed, although it transports the request correctly, but is not being shown in STMS. This is why the error prompts. Can I simply refresh the Queue? Do I need to add some workflow at E0003 event?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your query you have to reconfigure your STMS and check it. Some times this type of error comes.

Anil

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

One other thing. This is cause because of conditions

SDMJ: PRODUCTION_IMPORT_OK for prod

SDHF: IMPORT_INTO_TEST_OK Successful import of requests into test system

IMPORT_INTO_PROD_OK Successful import of requests into production system

Regards

Khalil

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nayab,

let me guess this problem does not always occur. If that s the case like for Transport Requests than contain a lot of objects or like roles (cause its big). You can t do much about it!

What happens is that the check is run by Solman before the import is actually done so it reset status. Second time you redo action, it goes fine. I am pretty sure that even without refreshing buffer result is same.

Solman, unfortunately does not wait for import to end to test if import ended OK.

There is a workaround though cause SAP knows about this problem. So take a look to note Note 1426029 - ChaRM: limited value range for parameter CHECK_NTIMES_SOCM

available at https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1426029 and you ll get a workaround that is better than nothing.

You might have to wait for coming SPs in Solman to see this fixed once for all by making sure that checks happens only when imports is finished

PS: this is if my asamptions are right meaning of the problem occurs only for big size transport requests !

Hope this helps,

Regards

Khalil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Khalil for your prompt reply

No, it always comes. I do the same action multiple times but it results the same. However, when I refresh requests in STMS, it and re-perform action of 'Confirm Successful test', it successfully changes the status to 'Successfully Tested', otherwise remains ' To Be Tested'.

Also, kindly note that the transport requests are not more than of 1KB, containing textual corrections only. I guess, there is some workflow that automatically refresh buffers on performing particular action. Any idea.

btw, thanks for your quick advice!

Regards,

Nayab