cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebUI Print Preview (Action Definition - Print) for Adobe Interactive Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As mentioned in subject, how to define an CRM Action Definition (with or without Action Condition) to Print an Adobe Interactive Forms. We know how to define a setting for Print Preview function in CRM WebUI via Action Definition - Smartforms Print. Now we want to print preview from CRM WebUI document on Form designed in Adobe Interactive Forms (tx SFP).

We have tested using Action Definition - External Communication, we can set the AIF form here. We tested in GUI (tx crmd_order) and it works. But when testing preview on CRM WebUi it shows "Error in Smartforms".

Somehow it still detect as Smartforms instead of Adobe Interactive Forms.

We prefer if this preview can be done via Action, because it is straight forward function for printing.

Should we use Action - Method Call instead ? How is the approach to do it in Action - Method Call ?

Any one try this before? Appreciate your sharing here.

Thx & Rgds,

Gun.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gunawan,

if I got you right, what you want is: Call your AIF when someone clicks on the "print preview" button in CRM WebClient. This should all work using a print action like with normal SmartForms.

I faced this problem some months ago on CRM 6. The problem here was quite simple: The SmartForm interface and the one of AIF are not compatible. Thus the service used for calling the print action from WebClient failed.

For handling this problem I enhanced the print service to call AIF correctly.

In customizing I used print actions that call a method.

As mentioned this lays back some months already. Maybe SAP came up with a better solution by now. I saw AIF to have multilple interface types. One is an interface compatible with SmartForms. Probably you can use this one and the print service will work without any enhancements or modifications.

cheers Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Thank you for sharing your experience on this matter.

I did try in our CRM 7.0 to use Action -> External Communicaiton and select Print. Here I can see the AIF form that I've created.

I run this on GUI with no error, but in WebClient it gives me "Error in Smartforms".

Still needs some lights here...

Cheers,

Gun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fixed via sap note 1151933

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gunawan,

Can you please give the example of the configuration and BADI coding that you have done? We have exact situation like you did. But somehow we are not getting Adobe Interactive form getting populated through Print Preview.

Thanks,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gunawan,

I am also facing the same problem. I am unable to display the Adobe form in crm web ui. Could you help me out.. When i am giving the Adobe form name its throwing the error. Suggest me how to proceed.

Regards,

Aarthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have no problem placing the AIF name in Action. Not sure if this is the same problem.

We just use the External Comm in Action definition. And placed the AIF name there.

After using the mentioned SAP NOTE above, my problem is solved. I can call the AIF from CRM WEB via print function.

Regards,

Gun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gun,

I am trying this option for print PDF forms but still I am not able to see PDF form on Web UI and system is showing same error. As I am working on latest version , no need of mentioned SAP note. Could you tell me the printer setting for the same as Cl_BCS_PPF class get_device( ) method is not getting the device. It is working fine if I put the device name at the run time but I don't know the exact place to set the printer setting for external communication. we have configured the Default printer LOCL in SU3.

Please advice.

Thanks & Regards,

hem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For me it seems that "sap note 1151933" is already applied to my sap Install and that  I still have an error concernning preview.

Did you have any body in your mail ?

Best regards

Abdou

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i am also getting the same problem if u found the solution pleas help me.

error i am getting.