cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

block orders and deliveries from storage locations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are in all 48 Storage Locations assigned to Plant XXXX.

Now I would like to know the following:-

1) Out of these 48 storage locations how many can be actually used

while creating the Outbound Delivery Order.

2) Also user needs to block the storage location 0000 from plant XXXX

during sales order creation or outbound delivery creation i.e user should

not be able to create sales order or outbound delivery using storage location 0203.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your first question run a report on VBAP table to find out the storage locations that are used in last few months.

For your second question, Delete the storage location assignment to your plant. To get the plants to which your storage location is assigned, use table T001L.

Thank you

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

thanks for your answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please provide your solution to this issue? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) You can assign all storage location to use in your outbound delivery by extending your material master record according to your storage locations you want to use in your scenario.

2) You may not to extend your material master regarding of needed storage location if you want to block your order or outbound delivery related that storage location. But it is not a good way to block it. I think it is a better way that Shipping point assignment can be used for your requirement ( LO >Shipping > basic shipping function >shiping point and goods receiving point determination > set up storage-location-dependent shipping point determination > assign shipping points according to storage location) . but before that assignment you should decide on the "define your rule for determination of shipping point" assignment and firstly take storage location into account in order to assign them.

I hope those information can be useful for you.

Thanks,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
user should not be able to create sales order or 
   outbound delivery using storage location 0203

Dont maintain this storage location in MMSC

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1.For stoarge location to be not determined, If I do not extend the Material to the storage location

then this restriction would also apply to PO & Inbound delivery creation.

2.Currently if you see in the customization there is no combination for plantshipping pointstorage condition

Is there any other way to block the storage location at order and delivery and presently I have 48 stoarge locations assigned to a plant and howmany can be actually be used in the order and delivery.

Thanks

Thambaiah

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not extending the material to undesirable storage locations is one way.

Also the storage location determination rule MALA can be used to match only relevant storage locations for the combination of plantshipping POINTStorage condition

For all possible combinations of these, maintain only valid storage locations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The materail has to be created in the storage location for it to be used in Delivery. Else you will not be able to use it.

The materails for which you do not want to use a storage location, do not extend the material to that storage location so that the user will not be able to use it for creation of delivery.

Hope this answers your quesiton

Thanks

Mukund S