cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supply chain performance management( SCPM ) - KPI creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey scpm community,

I'm trying to get a little deeper into this topic. At the moment I'm on my way to create some Objects in SCMP and see what features are available and how to use them. Also to get a little better understanding for the settings and options provided.

At the moment I'm working on the process of KPI creation and the followinf questions were raised:

Type

- where is the difference between leading or lagging

- where is the difference between quantitative or qualitative

Impact settings

- does this setting have any impact on the kpi e.g. calculation or are this settings ust for visualization purposes ?

Associated KPI

- what exactly is this setting for

- how does it influence the behaviou of defined kpi itself ?

I already searched the SAP documents provided but I coulndn't find any detaild description what kind of influence the above named settings have !

Best Regards,

Moritz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moritz,

The definitions of leading/lagging and quantitative/qualitative are business definitions. They are used only for information purposes.

The impact settings define a relationship between KPIs, and this is then used for the display in the impacts tab in the respective KPI's detail screen. It won't affect the calculation of the KPI but it will contribute to the effectiveness of a root-cause analysis. Many times you find metrics rather than KPIs assigned here, in the sense that metrics might consist only of an actual value, without target or score. This could be for example an external factor that the company can't influence and can't therefore set targets against...

Besides the impact KPIs (or metrics) and the Model KPIs (the hierarchy of KPIs you setup in a model, for example the SCOR structure) you can also add Associated KPIs. I would use them in the case where these KPIs don't belong in the Model standard definition but you still want to give users the possibility of jumping to that KPI for further analysis.

Again, like for KPIs defined in the Impact section, these don't affect the calculation of the KPI status, which is done independently for each KPI based on the query key-figures and calculation method you selected. Even though you can see the KPIs as a hierarchy based on the model you defined, this is only a display hierarchy, with each KPI status being calculated individually.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Ricardo Vieira

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mortiz,

Regarding 'Associated KPI', Reports, Dashboards' its like functionality on Amazon, where you can say users who have purchased this item also purchased other items. Similarly you list reports, dashboards and KPI's that might be of interest when viewing this specific KPI.

Regards,

Rohit