Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deployment problem

prashanth_lagdev
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi experts,

developed an application in webdynpro java .after dyploying application am getting diployment error.

I configured j2ee engine[windows..........>preferences...............>J2ee-engine....>local Host..........>port number...........> with host name as development server url and port number as given in the url[50000].i have access with enterprise portal .so please guide me all possible steps to configure J2EE Engine.

Thank's&Regard's,

Prashanth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prashanth_lagdev
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi,

thank's for u r solution.

regard's,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I configured j2ee engine[windows..........>preferences...............>J2ee-engine....>local Host..........>port number...........> with host name as development server url and port number as given in the url[50000].i have access with enterprise portal .so please guide me all possible steps to configure J2EE Engine.

>

The port usually is 3900. You should just use the host name, and not the URL for "Message Server Host" in Windows>preferences>j2ee engine. Also try pinging the host name to double check. If there is no basis guy, ask your sys admin people.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

I configured j2ee engine[windows..........>preferences...............>J2ee-engine....>local Host..........>port number...........> with host name as development server url and port number as given in the url50000---You have to define message server host and port number in the Windows>preferences-->j2ee engine.

Ask basis team to share this info with you.

Once you define this, under the je22 tab at the right bottom window, you will be able to see the SDM/server node icon in the green color.

Hope this may help you.

Deepak!!!

prashanth_lagdev
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi,

there is no basis teem. while loading portal server and nwds and nwdi,is there any configuration exist[like files and folder]

Thank's&Regard's,

Prashanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

while loading portal server and nwds and nwdi,is there any configuration exist--->If you are using NWDI then defiantly there will be basic configuration need to be done by administrator. Hope you are aware of CMS,CBS, Track, Software component< Development component etc. And in this approach you have to configure the development/transport strategies.

Try this URL http://<nwdiserver>:<port>/devinf.to login into NWDI server.

For this in the NWDS you have to make entry for the NWDI server. Window->preferences->Development Infrastructure-> define the URL of the server and try to ping the server.

Once this is done you have pull and create project from the DTR and create activity, do the changes. After this you have to check in and activate the activity.

Please explore SDN/help.sap.com for more information.

Formula for port:-The Message Server Port is 3601 and Message Server host will be the server name used to deploy the ear.

SDM Port is ( 50018 + 100 * xx ) where xx is the instance no.

You can check in the Host file of portal server under path C:/Windows/System32/

Hope this may help you.

Deepak!!!!

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth

Please find message server host and port number for using in NWDS.

*http://<host>:<port>/sap/monitoring/SystemInfo *

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun Jaiswal