cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migmon: Lock file ExportMonitor.lck is locked during export

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to export my DB since I will move it to another system. I have done that before (2008) but not with Migration Monitor since I could not get it to work. At that time I could choose R3load-based method and everything went fine.

This time I don't have that option so I must try to fix my problem.

I have HP-UX 11.23 running on IA64.

If I try to run ./export_monitor.sh (or ./sapinst and skip the table splitting function) I get this result:

+ /opt/java1.4/bin/java -showversion -Xmx1024m -cp 
./.:./migmon.jar:./activation.jar:./mail.jar com.sap.inst.lib.app.
SecureStartup -Xmx1024m com.sap.inst.migmon.exp.
ExportMonitor -dbType ORA
java version "1.4.2.17"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition 
(build 1.4.2.17-071106-02:40)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM 
(build 1.4.2 1.4.2.17-071106-08:12-IA64N IA64, mixed mode)

Another instance of application is already running.
Lock file 'ExportMonitor.lck' is locked by other process.

If I use the sapinst and set it to split the files I get "Lock file 'PackageSplitter.lck' is locked by other process.".

But the file is NOT used by another process!

I use root and yes the users SIDadm and oraSID are in the group sapinst and yes I have set the permissions to 777 and yes the umask is 022 and yes I have downloaded the latest migmon and decompressed it to these locations (I picked all three just in case):

tmp/sapinst_exe.13660.1280391575/JAR

tmp/sapinst_exe.13660.1280391575

/InstMst_701/IM_HPUX_IA64.

If you smart people know how to fix this I would be very happy and also impressed. I have no idea what to do and my message to SAP is still not answered...

Best regards Linus Hellsing

Edited by: Linus Hellsing on Jul 29, 2010 11:04 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Linus,

have you done a fuser to that file when the error comes up?

Perhaps move/delete the file somewhere else so he can recreate it?!

Have you abort a first splitting run?

That might be some error reasons.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter, thank you for answering.

No, I have not done a fuser on the file. But I have tried to edit it and that works just fine.

I also have restarted the server, just in case.

But now when I am writing this something nice has happened.

On the server I am testing I have HP-UX 11.23 but my production servers have 11.31 so I tried to start the export on that server (scary). It seems to work!! Sadly I must export all of my systems but this makes me believe theat it is the OS that is old or don't have enough patches.

swlist on my old server tells me that I am missing a couple of patches compared to SAP Note 837670. I think I have to call the HP-UX department at my office... Um wait, that would be me since it is vacation season....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

another bad trick would be moving the fuser binary to fuser.old and creating a fuser file without anything in it

and change the permissions so its executable.

Thats a bad trick but should work.

Don´t forget to move the .old back after the export

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aha, a dirty trick! I like those...

But it did not work. I also tested to copy the fuser from HP-UX 11.31 to my older server without any luck.

Thank you anyway.

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check if amy migmon process is running .

ps -ef |grep migmon

kill the process and start the migmon again.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnajit,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have tested this and it did not help.

I now believe that I have to patch my server, it seems to be a lot of patches that is missing according to a sap note.

Br Linus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please make sure that you've installed all required patches according Note 837670.

Please change the permissions of the sapinst directory and the installation cds directories recursively to 777.

Sometimes it can happen that the base directory is set to 777 but the subdirectories are not.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Linus,

Please check if there are no java processes running when you restart your migration monitor, we encountered similar errors in our migration (not on HP UX though) and the culprits were java processes.

You can determine from the parent process ids on whether those java processes belong to your installation/export processes.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have now patched my HP-UX servers and it still did not work. Then I tested to use a directory that was not NFS and this seems to have solved my problem. It could also be a combination of the patches and the move of the install files from the NFS mount, I can't be sure.

Anyway, I am happy since my export is running.

Thank you all for all your assist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the similar issue yesterday, I have deleted the *.lck file but no luck so I have re-uploaded the MGMON directory and it went smoothly.

-Srikanth M

yuri_shikunov
Explorer
0 Kudos

NFS share cannot be used as working directory for MigMon.

Java locking is used by MigMon and this is not working with NFS.