cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option for just closing the post

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i was trying to post one thread and received an error tht i can not have more than 10 threads open at a time... however, some of the threads were not answered so they were open.. n like wise tht count reached to 10.. so cud not post new one.

So what i feel is if i have tomandatorily close some of the threads even if they are not answered there should be an option of closing the thread..

let me know if this is fine.. or we already have some option of this kind,.

Rgds,

KK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is already being discussed at length in the thread (see sticky note in suggestions forum): [button for closed not answered|;

I believe that such a functionality would be helpful and I believe a request should be added to our list of enhancements. Delete isn't an option for most users.

I also want to point out that Idea Place is now open for business with Single Sign-on and there is a specific entry point to rank SCN improvements and suggestions.[ https://ideas.sap.com|https://ideas.sap.com];

Here is a link to the [community contents|https://ideas.sap.com/community/community_and_services/sapcommunitynetwork]

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If nobody has replied to the original post, then you should see a ball with a X mark in it that stands for Delete. Simply delete the posting.

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure? Wasn't this option removed a long time ago?

pk

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If there exists a ball with X mark ( I am not sure about that as I haven't seen that yet), we should get some option to close the thread without mentioning it as answered. Now I can see the thread marked as answered, but when I open it there will be comment as 'The question is not answered'.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like Moderators and Mentors have that option. We are just commoners

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

pssst PK... I'll meet you tomorrow for some ponits gaming at 15h00 CET, in the Test and Playground forum, with a chandelier..

@ KrupeshK: I have many questions on SDN and just manage them. It is not that hard. When I reach the limit I am reminded often to look further into the issue myself or open a customer message with SAP or just close it (the comment field is optional and do not post "asdf" or "thanks" to it because it dumps all your posts to the top again.

Be responsible about the questions you ask. The limit of 10 open questions is correct to either:

- close it discretely

- provide more information

- open a message with SAP

- provide the solution (as respect to those who do contribute and use the search....

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 29, 2010 9:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry i did not get u..

bt do u think wht i asked is understood and discussed correctly??

Rgds,

KK

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you had read Marilyn's and Julius' post, then you would realise that your post has been understood and discussed not only correctly but elaborately too.

Sorry, I got u

pk

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, please do us all a favor and use proper English and not SMS style.

Thanks

Thomas