cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save data via model execution when changing table cell?

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to Visual Composer.

I've created a small application for saving data using an input form and passing it to a webservice. It works fine.

In addition to this I can read the data from the database via webservice and display it within a table.

The challenge now is to edit some fields in the result table directly and save the modifications to the database.

Can anybody tell me, how to trigger an event in the table row to call an update method in my webservice?

Thanks ahead,

Bernd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

1) Drag and Drop a button to you table tool bar

2) right click and rename for understanding

2) right click and click action, from the pop up select + symbol and then select "Submit" or select "Custom action" and give name

3) drag a line from table out port to in port ( for modify) of webservice.

4) click on the data line, do the data mapping and give the action name which you selected in step 2

5) save, compile and deploy.

regards,

PradeeP

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

thanks for your answer.

But I want to modifiy the model directly when changing a value inside the table without an additional button.

Regards

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bernd,

You can perform the same scenario like PradeeP advised, but instead of the additional button, you can add the Action to the chosen Input Field inside the Table

Then in RunTime, you will be able to change the value of the field and press the Enter button. This will update your database

Best Regards,

Luba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

assign the custome action to the filed which you want to upadte in backend .so after click on it will update the data .

or write a insert query and update the backedn data

Regards,

Govindu