Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sampling

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to maintain a formula in the sampling procedure which will take the square root of the number of containers, round it off to the nearest integer, then multiply it with 2.5 and then again round it off to the nearest integer. Can anybody please suggest a suitable formula?

Regards

Sm.

Edited by: Sm on Aug 2, 2010 10:43 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First understand you can define formula at Sample Drawing Procedure not at Sampling Procedure.

It is always better to talk with your business pep & ask them to provide same formula which they use in current activity & apply same formula here, no need to define new formula here. But as per your requirement you can use below formula in your case;

[ TRUNC(SQRT(P2)+1) ] * 2.5

To make it round off you have to take ABAPer help.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!!!

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nehal,

Let me first apologize for mistakenly mentioning sample drawing procedure as sampling procedure. I tried with your suggested formula, same inspection lot quantity and different number of containers, viz. 10, 12, 13 and 15 . Everywhere it is calculating same number of inspection lots in primary sample. As per the requirement for first 2 cases system should generate 3 lots in each case whereas for the last 2 there should be 4 lots in each case. Any suggestion?

Regards

Sm.

Edited by: Sm on Aug 4, 2010 9:39 AM

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any suggestion ?

Regards

Sm.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This thread is being closed, appropriate formula not determined. Thanks for your comments.

Regards

Sm.