cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILEPROXY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team

i am facing some issue in my scenario. In my scenario, i have to pick a file from FTP location and process tht file in PI and after that the proxy does it work, and fater this again i have to place tht file in the FTP location.

My doubt here is shld i create Two Receiver Communication Chhanels or one only???

Please help me out

thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u wanted to put the same file in another folder then u dont need any other scenario instead u can use the archive option of sender file adapter and give the archive directory path which wil put the file once it is read by file adapter.

use procesing mode in file adapter for archiving.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dm40/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm

So it will be FILE- Proxy scenario.

IF strucutre are same then follow the below blog for IR and ID.

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag

As you have said

so for my requirement i need to develop 1 sender file CC n 1 Receiver Proxy CC. The file will be read by the PI it will process in PI and afetr proxy usage, the same file will be picked and kept in the FTP location in different folder whn i use the archive option of sender file adapter.

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ur understanding is almost correct- Once file is read by file sender adapter file is placed in Archive folder specified by u and then the process will follow of sending the data to Proxy by XI.

Have u read the processing paramerter- processing mode option in detail?

Refer both the links in which file adapter parameters are explained in detail and one in which IR and ID configuration steps are provided when ur source n target structure is same.

chirag

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Jul 29, 2010 4:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag

Sorry to ask u one more time but my requirement clearly is

1) Afile ahs to be picked from the Specified FTP Location by the PI and then it shld be executed/processed in PI.

2) Then Proxy enhancement/ proxy processs will be done on tht file.

3) After that the same file ahs to be placed in different folder of the same FTP Server.

this is my requirement.

please sugesst me to approach

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I already explained u two cases -

For first case- u can archive the file in archive folder using archive option in sender file adapter.

For second case:- Once proxy does it work u can call another method from the same inbound proxy which send data to Xi and Xi will put the file with data into that directory. It will be two scenarios one File to Proxy and another Proxy to File.

If u wanted to put the same file in archive directory folder then u have to follow first case which is explained and also provided the link for the same. Reading and archiving process will happen at the sender side simultaneously.

Pls note that R3 will receive the message in proxy structure not in file format.

Hope u understood it correctly n ur all doubts are clear now.

Thnx

chirag

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Jul 29, 2010 4:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag

thanks a Ton for your replies

One last doubt plzzz

1) My file structure(sender ) is same and receiver structure is also same file; for this can we perform one-one simple graphical mapping or not???

without mapping can we do it???

Former Member
0 Kudos

IF strucutre are same then follow the below blog for IR and ID.

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Without mapping can it be possible- yes it can be possible.

Chirag

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Jul 30, 2010 12:11 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have to pick a file from FTP location and process tht file in PI and after that the proxy does it work, and fater this again i have to place tht file in the FTP location.

A) Do u mean once ur file is picked up u need to put that file in FTP location? or once proxy does it part there is another scenario which sends data from proxy to legacy n u wanted to put that data into SAP?

For first case- u can archive the file in archive folder using archive option in sender file adapter.

For second case:- Once proxy does it work u can call another method from the same inbound proxy which send data to Xi and Xi will put the file with data into that directory. It will be two scenarios one File to Proxy and another Proxy to File.

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag

The File will be picked by PI from FTP location and it will be processed in PI and then the Proxy does it part (File to Proxy). Afetr the completion of the Proxy Part the same file has to be kept in the same FTP Location but in different Folder.

For the above i am facing confusion whether it is 1 scenario (file to proxy ) or two scenarios.

thnax

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav ,

You can do this with 1 scenario. Use Async-Sync Bridge.

Follow this wiki

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File(Without+BPM)

Instead of RFC use Proxy..

Thanks.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the FILE and PROXY structure the same?

If there any mapping between FILE --> PROXY?

If there is a mapping then you will be required to redo it (ti get back the file structure) and then post it in the FTP.....it will be two scenarios....one from FILE --> PROXY and then other from PROXY --> FILE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

The File structure and the Proxy Structure are same. Theres no difference between them.

i am thinking of using 1-1 graphical mapping as both the structures are same.

will that do Abhishek???

for the above requirement how shld i proceed???

thanx

Edited by: NABHINAV on Jul 29, 2010 12:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi

I am unable to find any document or blog in the link provided by you.

could you plz re-check the link and let me know

thanx

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for that.. link missed

Refer This Link

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File(WithoutBPM)|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File(WithoutBPM)]

Thanks

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
i am thinking of using 1-1 graphical mapping as both the structures are same.

If the strcutures are the same then you dont need to define mapping (Interface Determination is required).

for the above requirement how shld i proceed???

If the PROXY can be configured as SYNC then you can make use of the RequestResponse Bean (also check if your PI system is on the required SP)....otherwise it will be two scenarios.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

You mean to say that this will be a by-pass scenario. No IR part is required. But wht shall we use as condition in the AInterafce Determination ???

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to create a PROXY....so you need Message/ Service Interface....so you will need IR part....i said that you just dont need mapping because the source and target structures (format) are the same.

But wht shall we use as condition in the AInterafce Determination ???

Which condition are you talking about....why is condition in Interface Determination required?

Do you have multiple Receiver Interfaces/ mappings?