Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order header data change by using the ORDERS05 IDOC

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team

I am getting sales order number and some code value from the legacy system. i need to check whether the sales order is avialable in SAP or not. if it is there, i need to update the CODE value (ie for example ABC100) in sales order header data> order data> your reference field. For doing this i am using the IDOC type ORDERS05 and message type ORDCHG message type.

Now i want to know what are the mandatory fields which i need to do the mapping for the IDOC ORDERS05, to change the sales order header data. please check and suggest me the required fields of the IDOC to be mapped, so that i can change the sales order header data.

Please correct me if i am doing something wrong here.

Regards

Rj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sbuttler77
Active Participant
0 Kudos

check out the ACTION field in E1EDK01 and set it to 002. Also, the easiest approach is probably to start building

a test IDoc in WE19 and process it in foreground so SAPs gonna tell you whats missing in terms of mandatory

data.

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Helllo

The idoc is reaching SAP system and getting failed in SAP system with status 51 and the error message as No Article Description for the item'. I am passing E1EDK01-Action as 002 also. so please let me know if anything i need to pass.

Reg

Rj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As ur validation is happening in R3 u need to build ur logic in R3 itself.

1. U can use std bapi available in R3 to create the SO u can write ur logic there and call the bapi to update or create the saless order. U need to search on SDN for exact BAPI.

2. U need to write the code in User exit of IDOC before psoting the SO for the same. again u need to check the exact user exit to be used on SDN.

chirag

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello chirag

Thanks for your reply. My requirement is to change the sales order which is already avialable in SAP. Just i need to change the header data of the sales order, for example if i am getting the sales order as 1000 and CODE as ABC100. i need to change the Sales document number 1000 and put the code ABC100 in sales order header data>orders data>your reference field.

So now i want to know the below points

1. what are the mandatory fields for which i need to pass the values for the IDOC ORDERS05.

2. what is the user-exit used for picking up those values from SAP because i am getting only sales order number and CODE values from legacy system.

Please check and suggest me accordingly.

Regards

Rj

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understood correctly ur sales order is already created in SAP only u need to change some data in Sales order when u receiver the information from file based on SO number.

In this case ur scenario will be file to Proxy. Inside proxy u write a code which will check the SAP table based on Sales order number and if sales order number is matched then update the table with reference field.

U need to check the correct table which has sales order number and reference field ask abaper to help u in finding out the table fields.

I suppose u dont require any IDOC at the SAP end.

chirag.

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chirag

I have done the required mappings in IDOC and now i am getting the error message "No Article Description for the item', when i run in foreground the sales document is getting changed but when i process the IDOC in background, the IDOC is getting failed with status 51 with the error message "No Article Description for the item'.

pls check and suggest me accordingly.

Regards

Rj

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means that ur IDOC has reached R3 and u r getting error message in We02 status code.

check with functional consultant it think item segment has missing some data.

try to post the same iDOC with WE19 tocde with change in data.

Still I have not understood why u r not using Proxy approach if that was ur requirement did u read my previous thread reply.

chirag

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Jul 30, 2010 2:04 PM