Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Webdynpro

former_member188724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have designed a webdynpro for uploading a pdf file.When I activate the external debugging and click on the upload button,I am unable to debug.Anyone pls let me know any other to debug the code.

Thank You.

Regards,

Kandaswamy S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have found some SAP Notes regarding this you can check those may be thoes will help you.

SAP NOTE for External Debugging

Thanks

Pradeep

former_member188724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I am able to debug the modify method after removing the ip checkbox in the debugging settings.But I am unable to debug the event handler that I require.Will check the notes for any info.Thank you again for the response.If you have any further ideas pls do let me know.

Thank You.

Regards,

Kandaswamy S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please set the external debuggin point on the On action of the button.

And also check if you have only one application server or more than that generally in case of production for load balancing we have 5 to 6 servers wioth web dispatcher. If you have more than 1 server in that case you have to set the debugging point on each one of them as you are not sure which server it is going to hit.

Please let us know if u succeed.

Thanks

Pradeep

former_member188724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep & Sharath,

Thank you for the reply.I tried setting up external debugger ( I am doing it in dev server).Still I am unable to debug as it is not stopping at the place.

Not sure where I am going wrong.

Steps that I do:

1.Place external break point in the action event.Also placed breakpoint in the modifiyview.

2.Activate the external debugger.

3.Run the code.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kandaswamy S

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly check where the external breakpoint is being is set. Ensure that it is being set in the action method assosiated to the Upload button in your application.

Also, the external debug is tied to the logged in user. So, use the same user id to trigger the application in the same client.

External debugger should work for your debugging req.

Regards,

Sharath