cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency Symbol for each amount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello People,

I have to include currency symbol infront of each amount in my web dynpro application display.

Example, there is an amount in USD, currency symbol for USD must be published there and

if there is an amount in EUR, currency symbol for EUR must be published there and so on...

Can someone help to know me how can I do that?

Thanks,

Megha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the amount is being displayed in a text view or input field then place another image ui element before the amount field. To this image, maintain a context attribute which will be set teh appropriate sybol image name at runtime.

Prior to this, you would probably need to have the currency symbols loaded in mimes folder and provide the same names int he code to the respective context attribute.

Note: Remove paddings between elements to give a look and feel and its a single element.

Regards,

Sharath

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can only suggest that you build your own table which holds these symbols - I've never seen them in any standard SAP code - usually you would just use the text AUD, USD, EUR, GBP, etc.

Then use a lookup and show the results in your application.

Do let us know what you use for a solution eventually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. Following are my concerns:

U mean I must create a Z database table and hold icons for every currency symbol into that.

And, in my application I look into this Z table and place the icon there.

Is that what you want to convey?

How do I store an image for currency symbol in the table?

In SAP standard, do we have any table that stores all the currency symbols?

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Megha,

If you are going to store the symbols as graphic/icons I would store them in the mimes folder and then reference the the mime name in your custom table. So two fields in your table, currency and mime name.

I think you might find that if using a Unicode system that you can just type the symbol into the table - e.g. $ £ ₧ u20AC rather than having to use any graphics. I suppose it depends on how many symbols you need.

Again - I'm not aware of anything SAP standard that does this.

Good luck,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.. Thanks for this.

Would be great in case you may help me with Unicode conversion. Any link which I can refer to.