cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Dialog Instance - Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

am trying to install a Dialog Instance (DI) but during the SAPInst I am facing with an error!

First at all I made some things/requirements in this new server like:

- Install J2SDK;

- Set Swap space (20 Gb);

- Install SQL Server 2008 x64.

So, after that, I run SAPInst with the following option: "SAP ERP 6.0 Support Release 3 --> Software Life-Cycle Options --> Application Server --> MS SQL Server --> Dialog Instance"

The error is on the screen "MS SQL Server --> Database Connection Information" when I put in field "Database Instance" the value <hostname>\<instance> (in my case I write PTREPRD\PRD which are the hostname of CI server and the sap instance PRD), after I typing the button "Next" it shown a message error which say:

"Cannot connect to PTREPRD\PRD Error(s) returned: SQL Server does not exist or access denied. SOLUTION: Check that you specified the correct name for the database server, that the server is running and you are authorized to log on to it."

Can you help me how to resolve this problem!?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

just cross-check the DB client software in DI host. If I'm right, below must be the process for DI installation...

1. Both systems are connected together ( communication is there between them)

2. J2EE availability...

3. DB client software (for communicating with DB)...

4. then, finally start SAPInst & go through as it asked. Here, on the way, CI parameters will be prompted. Just go with them...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly welcome to SDN...!!!!!

Please check if the below things....

1) Check if the SQL native client is installed in server where DI is being installed.

2) Make sure that both CI and DI are in the same network i.e., in same VLAN or IP range.

3) Make sure you can access the CI server from the DI server (either ping and check or access the same from start->run)

4) Is it domain installation or local installation. If domain installation the login with <SID>amd login and do the installation. If it is local installation the create the <SID>adm login in DI server with same password as that of CI and then start the installation. This should solve the issue.

Please check and revert.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this out!

Cheers!

Javed