cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File-Soap-File scenario with asynch - synch bridge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to PI and I'm trying to develop a FIle-SOAP-File scenario with asynch-synch bridge. These are the components in my integration builder:

Business Component to act as both the sender and receiver

1 outbound communication channel to pick up the file from ftp server

1 SOAP communication channel

1 inbound communication channel to write file to the ftp server

receiver determination

interface determination

sender agreement

receiver agreement

In my outbound channel, I am using:

Processing sequence:

1 AF_Modules/RequestResponseBean Local Enterprise Bean 1

2 CallSapAdapter Local Enterprise Bean 2

3 AF_Modules/ResponseOnewayBean Local Enterprise Bean 3

Module configuration:

1 passThrough true

3 receiverChannel inbound communication channel to write file to the ftp server

3 receiverService Business component where the channel above is found.

When I run the scenario, I am able to get the file from ftp server, map it to SOAP format according to the wsdl, forward the message to SOAP adapter, send it to web service, get the response back from web service, map the data to a regular file format. However, it fails to write back to the ftp server. I am getting Java null pointer error at AF_Modules/ResponseOnewayBean.

2010-07-28 15:48:01 Information SOAP: completed the processing

2010-07-28 15:48:01 Information SOAP: continuing to response message 2ce3ec60-9a9a-11df-b109-00145ec5c1ae

2010-07-28 15:48:01 Information The message was successfully delivered to the application using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System.

2010-07-28 15:48:01 Information The message status was set to DLVD.

2010-07-28 15:48:02 Information The message was successfully transmitted to endpoint http://vs06cs01.sce.com:8000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System.

2010-07-28 15:48:02 Information The message status was set to DLVD.

2010-07-28 15:48:02 Information The application sent the message synchronously using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System. Returning to application.

2010-07-28 15:48:02 Information MP: processing local module localejbs/AF_Modules/ResponseOnewayBean

2010-07-28 15:48:02 Error MP: exception caught with cause java.lang.NullPointerException:

2010-07-28 15:48:02 Error File processing failed with java.lang.NullPointerException:

Had anyone encountered this error? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out this.

/people/sudheer.babu2/blog/2007/01/18/asyncsync-communication-using-jms-adapter-without-bpm-sp-19

Regards,

Sainath Chutke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies. I checked my module parameters and I realized that i entered the wrond business service. I fixed that and ensure that all 3 channels are running.

I ran the scenario again and it does not give me Java Null pointer exception. However, it gives me a different errror.

2010-07-29 08:52:31 Information The message status was set to DLVD.

2010-07-29 08:52:31 Information MP: processing local module localejbs/AF_Modules/ResponseOnewayBean

2010-07-29 08:52:31 Error MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.exception.CPAObjectKeyException: Value of key must not be null: ObjectId

2010-07-29 08:52:31 Error File processing failed with com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.exception.CPAObjectKeyException: Value of key must not be null: ObjectId

I am trying to check all my settings again. Any pointers regarding the errors above?

Thank you.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Re-check the names again (module settings).....there is still an error in the module config....objects are either not activated or names are not correct....are you sure that the object names (Service and channel) are proper and the objects are available in CACHE? Do a cache refresh if required (at least CPA cache).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the module configuration, all of them seems right. I talked to the basis team to reset the module and refresh the CPA Cache. I'm only an intern and have limited access. Thanks for the advice.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I have the same error in my File - RFC -File scenario.

Could you tell me how or where I can reset the modules?

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your Module Name, May be sspellingMistake or some error with the name. and cross check your module configuration parameters aswell.

And check your receiver File Communication channel status. Check the receiver communication channel status in RuntimeWorkBench aswell.. Whether it has started or stopped. Because I did the same scenario and I faced similar issue. The reason for that is My Communication channel is stopped in RWB.

and check the 3 Communication channel status in RWB.

Regards

Jyothi A.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check you module page once more.....check if there is any space or other such character present or if some name is not correctly specified....the settings you mentioned look fine to me.

If still stuck then make some change to the channel and again activate.