Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (106) JCO_ERROR_RESOURCE: Destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are on CE 7.2. SP 01 .

While calling the BAPIs , our development team is getting the error as follows:

Caused by: com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (106) JCO_ERROR_RESOURCE: Destination XXXXX_METADATA1 does not exist

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultDestinationManager.update(DefaultDestinationManager.java:195)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultDestinationManager.searchDestination(DefaultDestinationManager.java:344)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultDestinationManager.getDestinationInstance(DefaultDestinationManager.java:96)

at com.sap.conn.jco.JCoDestinationManager.getDestination(JCoDestinationManager.java:61)

at com.sap.mdi.jco7.Destination.<init>(Destination.java:32)

We checked the destinations , it is maintained in nwa>configuration management> Destinations

The destinations are fine, when we tested it is all green.

Also the JCos are there in portal content --> webdynpro

We tried deleting and recreating the nwa destinations, but nothing helps.

Let me know if any of you guys faced this problem .

Thanks

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

As I mentioned in the post, the nwa destinations exist for both metadata and model data , and these are the connections ARFC2 calls use.

I did pinging the connection in nwa>configuration management> Destinations and is successful & reaching the target ECC system.

This was working until we changed the user id/ password in the metadata destination, but there is no issue with the new user id & it has got all the permissions.

After this change when our development team is trying to deploy , at runtime the exception occurs which says the JCO destination doesn't exist.

We tried recreating the destinaiton/restarting the system , but nothing helps .Also tried putting back the original use id in the connection . but no luck.

the normal ARFC calls ( deprecated) are happening fine, but which uses the JCO destinations in contentadmin--> webdynpro.

I am not sure why at runtime it throws the exception that the destination is not existing though these destinations are there in nwa.

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

issue resolved, was with the mismatch of names in destinations

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Please check the correct JCO destination exist/register or not in NWA which you are using in your WD Project in NWDS.

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the SLD connection and check the status from SLDCHECK report and also jobs staus.

Open SLD link from webpage and check JCO connections status.

Regards

Nagaraju