cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV selected rows are lost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am modifying contents of Node bounded with ALV in modify view to make cell editable/display. But after binding table with node selected rows on ALV table get lost. I tried to capture the selected rows in Modify view before updating node

using Get_selected_elements method

lt_selected_elements = lr_node1->get_selected_elements( ).

and at the end of Modify method used SET_SELECTED method to select back the selected rows but it didn't work.

Initialization and Lead selection are unchecked for this node.

please advise.

Thanks,

Alok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i remember reading that it is a SAP program error . However Solved in 7.02.

You can raise a SSO ticket about.

refer thread [ forum thread|;

Edited by: Baskaran Senthivel on Jul 29, 2010 4:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok..

Firstly let me suggest you that unless and until there is some thing very nesseary then we shd go to write the logic in wd do modify view as it will be called for each and every action . SO it is not recommended to write and thing in that method..

In ALV we have some standard methods which come while reusing the SALV_WD_TABLe like

On Select, ON Lead Select, ON Fucntion , On CLick , and so many .....

Procedure to use them...

go to the methods tab where u want to implement or set something and then change the methods to event methods and as we use OVS in event column giv f4 it will display the list of methods which needs to be used..

Regards,

Sana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sana. I know that we should avoid writing code in MOdify method but I have to enable/disable input cells in table based on value entered by user and same time I dont want to loose the selected rows in table.

Thanks,

Alok