cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find channel ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am running into some problems testing out a scenario using the test tool in the rwb that is supposed to do a simple map and write to a table using the JDBC adapter.

The error I get in the message monitor are:

Message Data - Error catagory: XI_J2EE_ADAPTER_ENGINE

Message Data - Error code: CHANNEL_DETERMINATION_FAILED

Audit Log - Error: Unable to find channel ID

Audit Log - Error: Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: Couldn't find delivery channel for message:

Using the test configuration tool in the Configuration Bulider test is successful, it finds Rec Det, Interface Det, Interface Mapping and Rec Agreement etc.

If anyone can give me any pointers would be very appreciated!

Thanks

Nam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you doing it like in my weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/25/xi-sending-a-message-without-the-use-of-an-adapter-not-possible

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Wow, that was quick!

I originally tried clicking directly on the adapter engine (central) and sending from there. That sends the message to http://ac4sap02:58100/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI.

That generates the errors I listed below.

I tried following your weblog and clicking on the Integration Server and testing from there. Message is sent to:

http://ac4sap02:58100/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

This generates an error: Error when sending message: 404 Not Found.

When testing the engine service in SICF I get the errors below:

Pipeline specified in URL attribute (type) not existing

URL_PIPELINE_NOT_FOUND

Pipeline ID , which is expected as value of attribute "type" in the URL, does not exist in the Integration Engine (URL = /sap/xi/engine?sap-client=510

Thanks!

Nam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

Double check your port(for the second URL). It should be the HTTP port listed when you go to txn SMICM then Goto->Services. The port you have there (58100) looks like the J2EE port.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are SO right!

Thanks!!

(I ofcourse ran into new problem but will try to solve it myself before pestering you guys again).

If you could perhaps hint to where the default picks up the wrong port that would be fab to...

Will rank and close ofcourse!

Thanks!

Nam

danny_deroovere
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I ran into exactly the same problem.

Could you please explain me how to solve this error?

FYI: the port etc. is well configured.

KR,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Danny,

I by mistake were trying to use the J2EE port instead of the HTTP port which is the right one.

As soon as I switched ports it worked.

As your ports are correct I am afraid that you may have another error?

The blog /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/25/xi-sending-a-message-without-the-use-of-an-adapter-not-possible was really good.

Hope this helps

//Nam

danny_deroovere
Participant
0 Kudos

The following might be a solution for your problem.

The CHANNEL_DETERMINATION_FAILED error is typically caused when one is trying to test his/her message in the <b>RWB/Adapter Engine</b> instead of the <b>RWB/Integration Engine</b>.

Start the Runtime Workbench > Component Monitoring > Integration Server > Integration Engine > Test Message.

I hope this helps (it did for me),

Danny De Roovere.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nam -

Did this ever work? Do you see any cache notification problems when looking in the Integration Directory - menu item Environment->Cache Notifications

You can also try doing a full cache refresh by entering the following URL:

http://<host>:<J2EE-Port>/CPACache/refresh?mode=full

You need to use the user XIDIRUSER (and appropriate password) when prompted. Check Note 741214 for further details.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jin,

thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have performed a full cache refresh (and also checked logs etc). Also the SLD settings seems to be fine for integration server etc, and that cache is cleared.

Thanks!

Nam