cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XSD and Port

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have SRM-MDM-Catalog content provided by SAP. SAP has defined ports and XSD. The entire setup has been configured properly.

But, I wanted to include two more fields in the input XML file. Hence I want to change the XSD.

Can any one tell me how I can change the XSD.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sudha,

As you are using SRM MDM CATALOG application .then in the release note of catalog application you will get standard XSD's

that provided by sap.

Just dowload it from notes and change according youre requirement.

after changing update the old xsd's with new by replacing with new one into console also.

If you are updating data through XI then you have to change the xsd in XI system and also do the mappings.

Hope it help you solve yr problem.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu,

I agree with You, but the XSD mentioned in the notes are standard XSD for either interface or MDMGX.

So if Requirement is to modify the XSD for standard interface then in Addition to XI Mapping, logic for data extraction in SRM/ECC may also need to be modified.

If requirement is to modify the XSD for MDMGX then Port Configuration in ECC/SRM system needs to be modified as well to transfer that data.

I feel requirement it to modify custom XSD and not the standard one. But let the thread creater provide some more information on this.

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also looking for the same issue, Could you please provide the SAP Note number, from where you have downloaded SAP provided Standard .XSD files, It would help me lot.

Thanks

Bharat

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. I modified in the SRM and PI as well.

Here is what I did.

I implemented the BADI BBP_CCM_CHAR_MAINT

Then in PI modified the XSLT mapping program and outbound message type.

Edited by: SudhaViz on Jul 29, 2010 10:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiv,

You are right. I am working on 7.1 and the content is part of SRM - MDM Catalog 3.0.

I was importing from SRM and not from ECC.

I was using BBP_CCM_TRANSFER_CATALOG.

The XSD I modified was _MDMProductDataTransmission

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudha,

Thanks for explaining the scenario. I got one last question.

PI creates file in structure of this standard XSD , so how will you get additional fields?

Did you also modify Extraction Program in SRM and PI Interface Mapping...

Thanks in advance for sharing information.

Best regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends:

I achieved some success.

I tried exporting XML Schema, But I was not able to retrieve the XSD. It was writing some Junk characters at the Port/XML Schema XSD stag in the export file. So I was not able to retrieve XSD part from the export file.

Then I got the XSD file from the SAP Notes, I used Altova XML Spy to modify the XSD given by SAP. I added the custome fields.

Then I created a new Custom Port and uploaded the XSD through Console.

Then I changed the Maqp file in Import Manager too.

So I was able to import the custom fields, with custom Port.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

I feel you are working on MDM 7.1 and not MDM 5.5. I think with MDM 7.1 it stores XML Schema in internal format and not like the structure definition.

The method which i explained you was available in MDM 5.5.

I am also curious to know which Standard XSD you have modified. MDMGX or standard interface??

Best Regards,

Shiv

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

You can change existing XSD in following ways (*normal MDM scenario)

1. Export Repository Schema:-

This will create an XML file. This this XML file you can find structure of your existing schema. Copy this structure definition and paste it in a file. save this file with Extension .XSD

2. Modify XSD file created from Step 1:

To modify XSD file you can use any XSD editor tool like ALTOVA XML SPY. I think trial version of this software is free. Using such tools you are make changes as per your requirement.

3. Upload the new XSD:

You can upload new XSD using console. to do so, connect to repository and open XML Schema table. this will be under Admin Hierarchy. Select the schema which you want to update, and double click on the file name parameter and browse to the new XSD file (created in Step 2) and save this XML Schema. This complete steps to update XSD.

But as you told you are working of SRM MDM Catalog and using standard content. So, i am little confused which XSD you want to modify.

1. If you are planning to change XSD for Reference Data upload then you can use MDMGX transaction to generate new XSD file for reference data by selecting option "Generate XSD). (* perform this only after you update the ports in MDMGX transaction in ECC or SRM).

2. if you have any custom interface then you can use XSD editor to update the XSD. later on you can upload same to MDM Console.

Please revert if you have any question.

Best Regards,

Shiv