cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIBCO vs PI, Who wins?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like to know more details on comparisons between Tibco vs PI.

My Client is debating in between both the tools for new phase of development, Both tools are in place already.

SAP to SAP >>> PI

non-SAP to SAP >>> TIBCO

SAP to non-SAP >>> TIBCO

I am trying to see what else i can furnish them in order to goe with PI, at least for transaction data or real time processing interface

Does Tibco sopport proxies? How does tibco integrates with SRM, CRM, AII and BW.

Any other comparison would be helpful

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like to know more details on comparisons between Tibco vs PI.

All middleware tool have their strengths and weaknesses. The important thing is to understand your data flows: volume, frequency, file or transaction size and so on. EDI, for example, has different needs from transactional processing in an ATM network.

Since your client is already having SAP, they won't be paying license fee for PI, but they will be paying for TIBCO.

TIBCO best works with non-SAP scenarios, but SAP can work with both.

My Client is debating in between both the tools for new phase of development, Both tools are in place already.

SAP to SAP >>> PI

non-SAP to SAP >>> TIBCO

SAP to non-SAP >>> TIBCO

If both the tools are already in place and client has decided to make use of both middleware tools, then I don't think you will be able to influence them at this stage

I am trying to see what else i can furnish them in order to goe with PI, at least for transaction data or real time processing interface

TIBCO is a lot mature tool than PI, with excellent capabilities for complex event handling and the ease with which they work with high volume data.

If your client works mainly with real-time scenarios (gaming industry, airline, telecom etc), they handle a lot of complex events and SAP PI is not the best tool in that situation. TIBCO's Business Event suite makes use of CEP to handle such complex events.

I have experience with both the tools and my personal favorite is PI, but TIBCO has its own benefits.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow, thanks for good insight on the tool.

My only questions left unanswered is, whether TIBCO can handle Proxy calls to SAP Systems or not?

Please advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

whether TIBCO can handle Proxy calls to SAP Systems or not?

TIBCO can easily expose its development as web service. So, you can connect to SAP systems using web services.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, points assigned

Former Member
0 Kudos

like in standard way of developing proxies between XI/PI to any other SAP Module, there is no web service involved in this scenario.

How do you handle this with TIBCO with out extra development/configuration to make it as web service? for both Sender or Receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are no packaged application adapters provided with TIBCO to connect to SAP systems. TIBCO is building an SAP adapter

that could call a BAPI using the JCO APIs.

In the meantime, you can create web services in ECC 6 (SOAMANAGER) and communicate with TIBCO (but you might not be required to use this ... read below to get the answer "why" ).

As I had mentioned earlier, TIBCO is not the best solution when it comes to connecting to SAP systems and that's why your client has kept PI in-between

So, as per me, the final landscape that your client will follow -

Non-SAP <-> TIBCO <-> PI <-> SAP

I have seen many clients having the above architecture. Best of luck with your project!

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, seems like a good solutions.

But here we are not talking about ECC. I am more concerned with SCM, SRM AII, CRM etc... All the proxy content delivered by SAP for listed modules above and PI reduced lot of development effort, and by default those proxies are not exposed as web services with additional manual configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution that I mentioned earlier, if your client is going to follow that then it shouldn't be a problem connecting ECC or any other SAP systems.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, can someone give me a comparision in terms of price between SAP PI and Tibco.

I am competing with Tibco in a client and they are both similar in capabilities, so the discusion right now is concerning the price. I would like to know how much would a Tibco proyect aproximatly be in terms of licenses based in 1CPU.

Could comeone help me with this question?

Thanks

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your customer implemnted SAP products then best decision is use SAP PI. Better to contact SAP/TIBco to understand licencing cost.I think u wouldnt get correct answer here.