cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Null Pointer exception causing weird Advanced Search in SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM-MDM Catalog Gurus,

We are on SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 with MDM 7.1 patch level- 7.1.03.72 and MDS on 7.1.03.92.

Advanced Search thru SRM-MDM UI App browser is behaving weird. In the log files we are getting multiple occurrences of the u201CcreateSearchItemsForFreeFormu201D Null Pointer exception every day. The problem does not seem to be at the system level, it is within the 'MDM_SRM_UI_App' application. MDM Data Manager works perfectly fine with all keyword and other Advanced Searches. We are using Named Search and are on master-Slave architecure. No updates or additions happening on MDM side when we get this exception and Advanced search gets weird. This Catalog is pointing to Master. The other Catalogs which are pointing to Slave are working perfectly with all the searches.

Here are couple of notable points about the issue. This is observed after getting the above Null Pointer exception:

1. Keyword search retrieves the results perfectly.

2. Advanced searches like Dropdown boxes(Type, Item Type) and Free Text search( Supplier Name, Supplier part Number, Manufacturer Name and Manufacturer Part Number) DOES NOT retrieve the results as if search was not made with Advanced searches.

3.All the searches including Keyword search , Dropdown box search and Free Text searches work perfectly fine after Repository is unloaded and Reloaded with Indices.

Repository Unload and Reload with Indices solves the problem temporarily but this is not a solution here because we cannot keep doing this every now and then when the End User community is using the Catalog system.

Could you share your thoughts why there are Null Pointer exceptions and let me know how we can fix this?

Thanks

Pravin Bhute

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Please check SAP Note 1476694 - "Change in SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 components in SMP". it mentions:

"SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 used in conjunction with other support packages of MDM7.1 (SP03, SP05 etc as seen in Service Marketplace) will have compatibility issues and there will be no support offering either from SRM-CAT-MDM or from MDM* components as this is not recommended and required."

I am not sure if this is compatibility issue.

Please can you also provide version (service pack and patch) of your SRM MDM Catalog 3.0. That will help.

Best Regards,

Shiv

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin.

Which Service Pack of SRM-MDM Catalog are you using?

I remember this issue was fixed in the recent releases. If you can upgrade your catalog to the latest version can solve your problem.

Do you say that the log files are not creating exceptions in case of Slave repository?

Regards

Bala

former_member181958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bala and Shiv,

Appreciate your reply. Issue occurs in master and slave both.

We are on SRM_MDM_CAT 3.0 SP5 (1000.3.0.5.2.20100217115916) SAP AG MAIN_SMDM3PAT_C 20100310132411

What was the Release or Patch level where this issues was fixed? Are we behind?

Thanks

Pravin

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to upgrade to the latest patch of SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0. I think this is SRM MDM Catlaog SP07 patch 4. Also, upgrade your MDM components to the latest patch of MDM7.1 SP04.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Shiv