Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural role assignment in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is my first post, I hope I will find an answer to my question.

We are about to implement SRM and our security strategy is to use the structure to assign the roles to the position and to the org unit. We did this in our ECC system and it works as expected, however in SRM the relationship between the employees and the user ID via Infotype 0105 doesn't exist. In the SRM structure the relation is with the BP, does anyone know if there is a program like PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY in SRM to update the users roles base on their position assignment.

I tried many things like USER_GEN, BBP_BP_OM_INTEGRATE but it doesn't seem to do what I'm looking for. Also, does anyone know what is the purpose of attribut role. I tried to assign role to this attribut but it seems useless.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks again for your answer.

I did some more testing today and I found were is the issue but I did figure how to fix it. I can see my object type US in ppoma_bbp however I can't see it when I go to PO13 or in table HRP1001. I'm not sure why this relationship is missing in the table. Any clue about this?

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Work with your functional(SRM) team to find the business roles .

1.each business role is tied to a default PFCG role( you will have to customize and reassign according to business need)

use SPRO and go to SRM section to find this.

2.you can do indirect role assignment to position in PFCG , use GO TO (main menu)--> Organizational management --> assign to the required postion.

3. PFUD transaction is used to reconcile

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. However I think you are talking about CRM, I'm not aware of any business role in SRM.

Also, I do not have any issue to assign the roles. My issue is about reconciliation, PFUD or PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY are not working because the link with the employee and the IT0105 does not exist. Those program use the infotype 0105 to find the user ID for a specific employee, it seems there is no equivalent to find the user ID for a specific BP (Business Partner)

0 Kudos

Hi regarding SRM indirect role assignment,

Are you using organizational management /structure from HR or you have built/configured the OM/sturcture in SRM?

are you taking a simple PFCG role and performing indirect role assignment to a position.

BP configuration needs to be done , I remember the configurator assigning roles when doing that, I dont remember how the position was linked from BP?

BP documentation for SRM

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/5d/55b158638111d2b408006094b92d37/frameset.htm

I forgot to ask?

Did you check if an userid is mapped to the position ( Meaning the test user )

Please check the below link for related information

Edited by: Franklin Jayasim on Jul 28, 2010 10:23 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

1. Integration of org structure in HR with SRM (i.e org units, position and objects are distrubuted from SAP HR into SRM,even roles assigned to position are distrubuted)

2..Once role assignment are complete , you can scheduled RHPROFLO and PFUD in SAP HR ( you have distrubuted org structure in SRM)

3. Again execute PFUD in srm

employee and the IT0105 does not exist?

Concenerate on integration of HR with SRM.

Ps : HR org strusture is distrubuted from SAP r/3 into SRM using report RHALEINI (PFAL)

Attribute role :

They will have right to change attribute settings

Thanks,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks again for your answer.

I did some more testing today and I found were is the issue but I did figure how to fix it. I can see my object type US in ppoma_bbp however I can't see it when I go to PO13 or in table HRP1001. I'm not sure why this relationship is missing in the table. Any clue about this?

0 Kudos

Jean,

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos

Jean,

We are facing the exact problem that you had. in SRM, the roles is not showing up in the SU01 after PFUD, PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY, etc... Thanks.

Tiffany.

0 Kudos

jean,

I meant to ask you how did you resolve the issue. Sorry, clicked post too soon. Let me know. Thanks again.

Tiffany.

0 Kudos

Tiffany;

Did you find a solution?  We are having same issue and not able to figure it out.

0 Kudos

Jean, did you find any Solution for your issue? We are having the same issue as you described in your post.

0 Kudos

YEs, we are live now with the solution.

1- The business maintain the structure with PPOMA_CRM and they assign the BP number in the structure.

2- The user ID is maintain in the BP transaction where BP role = BUP003 under Identification tab.

3- Finily we scheduled the program CRMD_UI_ROLE_ASSIGN to update the assignement.

0 Kudos

Thank you for following up!

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Jean, my issue is related to SRM. We are facing the exact problem that you had four years back as listed in your first post in this thread.  In SRM, the roles are not showing up in the SU01 role tab after executing PFUD, PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY reports. We are able to succesfully replicate HR Org structure to SRM and then I am assigning roles to Positions in Info type 1001 subtype B007. Info type 0105 is also maintained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We were able to find a solution to this issue. It was related to Evaluation path US_ACTGR. Once you have maintained relationship B208 for CP and US and role assignment is done on IT 1001 Subtype B007 then make sure under Table T77AW for Eval Path US_ACTGR you have the following entry.

Object type - CP

Relationship - B208

Object type - US

Once this entry is in place then you can PFUD and your role should show up under SU01 role tab as indirect assignment. Feel free to chime in if you need any additional help.

GM