cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Tester from Setting "In Development" in U'gent Correction

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not want my tester to set the action "Set to In Development" in my u'gent correction. This should be the developer. However, if a test fails I need the tester to set the action "Reset status to In Development" to flag that testing failed and there is further action required in development.

Unfortunately taking away or applying the authorization key SDHF_01 to my Tester role will only let us do one or the other of the above.

How can achieve my scenario?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi SolManiac,

As far as I understand, the authorization is playing with the authorization key which is assigned to each and every status. When you execute the action 'Set to In Development' or Reset status to In Development', the resulting status is 'In Developement' which is corresponding to the authorization key SDHF_01.

If you want your tester to call only one of these actions, you need to define a new status and assign that to any of these actions. Also define a new authorization key and assign that to the corresponding status. Then replace this SDHF_01 with the newly created authorization key in the role.

I am not sure about any other method to acheive your requirement.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you kind sirs.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the probelm, but shouldn't it be as easy as setting up the conditions on the actions properly? Just limit the Set to In Development action to only show for developers and not testers in the action dropdown. Let the testers see the other one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hickok-

Sorry I missed your call - In a meeting.

How would you restrict the visibility of actions based on role?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Must have been a pipe dream, because I'm not seeing what I thought I did in the past in SPRO. Maybe it was a custom condition, I'll dig through my docs. I think it was something like if current processor BP = tester BP, then show the action.

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Solmaniac,

I hope you re doing fine!

I think Rajeev's opinion on this is more than correct.

I dont see any other Option that requires only customizing than his. Maybe this 'middle status' (that rajeeb proposed) can have an automatic action to set status to 'In development' so it becomes more or less transparent for final users.

I mean action of tester will directly go to status in development whereas status of tester will go though this new status

I guess there are also other options you can choose but those ones require some coding

- adding a new attribute in BUS 2000116 (subtype) to check which user has the right to do which action (like an attribute that ll tell you if the current actor is a developer or a tester) and display actions accoringly

- or use a badi to create a ZHF_SET_STATUS (for PPF Action) that will not only check authorization key for status to reach but also roles assigned to user to distinguish developer from tester.

Hope this helps

Regards

Khalil