cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append Existing Ruleset with HR Risks & Rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our current ruleset does not contain HR risks and rules as it was not part of first implementation. Now we will add HR functionality in ECC and need to add it to our ruleset.

Can I do it like this?

1. Export our current ruleset in Configuration - Utilities - Export

2. Somehow add HR risks & rules that I can download from SAP's original files on SAP Service - Support Portal (as in the installation guide) to the file

3. Import the appended ruleset again in Configuration - Utilitiy - Import

After checking the GRC Configuration Guide and other docs it is still not clear to me. Is there a specific document that can answer my question?

Thanks.

Joe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joe,

If HR risks/functions are not part of your current ruleset then you can upload HR related rules in 2 different ways:

1) Uploading SAP standard ruleset files via configuration -> rule upload. This will always append the rules to your existing rules.

2) Download the ruleset via Rule Architect - Utilities - Export Rules and append the data to the file. Import it back via Rule Architect - Utilities - Import Rules. This will always overwrite the existing rules so make sure to append records to the file. Also, this would be much more complex than the first approach as it will require you to add data in different database tables.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

wanted to make a small clarification.

The first option will append only if the risk ids are different.

For same risk ids I think it will overwrite.

Thank you,

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Partha but the first option will never overwrite. If the function ID or risk ID already exists, it will return an error.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

If you have imported standard rule set text files into GRC during first implementation then as part of R/3 function_action, function permission etc., HR related functions and risks also will get uploaded into RAR System and hence you need not change the rule set again. Just check whether those functions and risks are enabled or not.

If you have fully customized rule set then the steps you have mentioned are correct. After uploading the changed files it is better to do a full synch for user, role and permission and run one full Synch batch risk analysis for the entire rule set.

Before making the changes of the rule set, keep a copy as a back up for the rules. Ensure to open the text file in word pad or edit plus and make changes accordingly. Because even a space variation in text file might not result in generation of the new rules.

You can refer to the Import/Export options of utilities in the configuration guide

Thanks and Best Regards,

Srihari.K