Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

soap synchronous

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Here is my scenario.

Proxy sender -> PI <-> SOAP receiver.

Web service sends the response back to PI, but CRM doesnt want that response.

Web wants PI to store this message so in future if there will be some problem then they can go and check for that problem.

How should i do that?

Shoud it be 2 asynchronouse scenarios like below:

Proxy -> PI -> Soap

Soap -> PI -> File

Or should i use BPM or any other suggestions.

so please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Hetal Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Web wants PI to store this message so in future if there will be some problem then they can go and check for that 
problem.

Why should PI store the message? PI is not a DB! The message should be stored in the ECC either through PROXY or RFC ..... in your case since PROXY is the sender, you can configure the response PROXY to store the message in some table.

Proxy -> PI -> Soap 
Soap -> PI -> File

If possible and if sender is not ready to accept the response then go fro split.

But why the target application wants to store the response in PI....cant it store in its application itself....also the sender does not require it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Neetesh, Abhishek.

No Web is not able to store that response and neither CRM wants to store it.

So i think best idea is to store it in a file.

Neetesh,

What do you mean any dependency on Request message?

Thanks,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean any dependency on Request message?

Follow any kind of sequence / order etc ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I configured two asynchronous scenarios, but i think the data is not flowing back.

I mean I have created SOAP Sender communication channel to get the response back from Web but that channel shows inactive or uninitialized status.

from web the response is synchronous, but in PI i am trying to get it as asynchronous, is that possible?

Or i have to do soap lookup and then get response and map it to file.

This is just an idea, not sure how to do that.

Thanks,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hetal,

You need to have BPM for this. Once when you get the response from your webservice write it to a file.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish for response.

If i dont want to use BPM then is there any other way?

Like i can use SOAP Lookup and then map that response to file and write file.

I dont know that is possible or not.

Is it possible without BPM?

Thanks,

Hetal

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Like i can use SOAP Lookup and then map that response to file and write file.

I dont know that is possible or not.

Lookup is possible....and better than using a BPM (at least in this case).

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek.

It was just my idea, can you please provide me any document which shows how to do soap lookup?

as this is going to be full request n responce mappinf.

I have never used it before, so can u plz send me some links to understand how can i do that?

Thanksn

Hetal

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lookup is done using an UDF (or even JAVA mapping) wherein you make a call to the channel through which request is sent and response received (sync).

More help is available in SDN and help .... there is a blog describing how to perform SOAP Lookup....even help has a dedicated page for Lookup

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hetal,

Check with the blog [Webservice Calls From a User Defined Function.|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5001] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Prasanna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek and Prassanna.

But here in this blog input is just one parameter

where as in my case, input is going to be whole payload and m not even sure that with which parameter i should map my UDF for source and target.

How can i pass whole Payload in one UDF?

Thanks,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas?

I am getting error in BPM, from first step itself.

I refered blog from riyaz.

http://www.riyaz.net/blog/a-step-by-step-guide-to-bpm-asynch-sync-bridge/technology/sap/170/

Please let me know what might be the problem.

Thanks,

Hetal

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I am getting error in BPM, from first step itself.

Error in the first step...Receive Step?

What error are you getting Receive Case Async (or something similar)? If yes then either the proper Message Interfaces are not assigned (check the ID part thoroughly) or there is a CACHE issue (SXI_CACHE)...check the return code.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Web wants PI to store this message so in future if there will be some problem then they can go and check for that problem.

You can't store messages in PI for long. It's not advisable to have for more than 2 weeks. Also depends on the hardware.

Shoud it be 2 asynchronouse scenarios like below:

Proxy -> PI -> Soap

Soap -> PI -> File

Using file will be a good idea, but you should check if the response is any way dependent on the request or you need some kind of correlation for that. If not, then it will be real simple ...

Regards,

Neetesh