Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTSDEPLOY, exception is cx_ai_system_fault

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a BI (ABAP) landscape: DBI, QBI, PBI (NW 7.0 SPS19). CTS+ was implemented in DBI as the domain controller and the transport has been working properly for the ABAP systems. The systems are dual stack and the corresponding BI portals also have the same SIDs (please don't ask why :-). As such, we cannot add the BI portals as non-ABAP systems in CTS (SIDs must be unique). SAP suggested that we'd create the java stacks for the existing ABAP systems in the CTS to transport the BI portal objects.

I followed the "Best practices for implementing CTS" document to create the java stacks for dual-stack systems. I followed the following link to configure the CTS Deploy Web Service

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/f9f02cf3e41ecce10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

I'm trying to import a transport request (portal) from DBI to QBI. The request was released in DBI and showed up in the import queue of QBI. When I tried to import the request in QBI, I got the error

Communication error in web service CTSDEPLOY, exception is cx_ai_system_fault

SOAP:1.007 SRT: Unsupported xstream found: ('HTTPCode 200 : OK')

Return Code = 12

SAP Note 1139406 indicates that this error caused by user still has "initial" password. However, this is not the case. I used j2ee_admin user/pwd and I verified it (manually logged into the J2EE engine) on both DBI and QBI. All the system checks in CTS are OK. All the connection tests are OK. It seems to have something to do with CTSDEPLOY in QBI; I'm a bit confused here since I have another portal landscape (java only) connected to SolMan as the domain controller and, as such, the only CTSDEPLOY needed is from the domain controller and it's working fine.

I searched the SDN and googled the error but couldn't find any other relevant/helpful thread. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check wether the DeployProxy Web service is in the list of deployed Web services. If the DeployProxy is missing, follow SAP Note 1076189 to install it.

Login to client 000 and run the transaction LPCONFIG

Select the proxy class CO_TFLDEPLOY_PROXY_VI_DOC

Under General Settings, choose the Call Parameters tab page.

Select CTSDEPLOY as the HTTP destination.

Specify the path suffix /DeployProxy/default?style=document.

Save your entries.

create and activate it.

test the ctsdeploy RFC connection again. you should be good.

if DeployProxy is not installed on the same server you can point the CTSDEPLOY RFC to the server which has it and provide the j2ee_admin and password of that server . Do the above lpconfig steps on that server

in your case point to SOLMAN system and see if it works.

Thanks

Kiran Nekkanti

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the response.

I did create/activate the logical port CTSDEPLOY in client 000 when I follwed the mentioned link to configure CTSDEPLOY.

DeployProxy was not listed on my QBI j2ee but my EP systems don't have it either and they work fine. Anyway, I did deploy the service in my portal this morning and it didn't change anything

In this case, my BI systems are in a separate domain (separate from the SolMan domain) so I'm not sure if I should point the CTSDEPLOY RFC from QBI to SolMan system.

I also checked my SDM pwd: I reset the pwd to make sure and re-started the SDM server - I was able to run SDM directly.

Regards,

Dao

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

>

>

> if DeployProxy is not installed on the same server you can point the CTSDEPLOY RFC to the server which has it and provide the j2ee_admin and password of that server . Do the above lpconfig steps on that server

>

> in your case point to SOLMAN system and see if it works.

This got me thinking. So I pointed the CTSDEPLOY RFC in QBI to DBI (domain controller) and deployed the DeployProxy web service on my DBI --> Low and behold, IT WORKED!

Similarly, for my Prod system (PBI), all I had to do is to configure the CTSDEPLOY RFC (points to the java stack of the domain controller) in the ABAP system (and, of course, create/activate logical port in client 000, etc.) --> it worked fine!

So, in short, this is what I had to do:

- Deployed the DeployProxy web service in the domain controller (in this case, it happens to be my source system - no need for the target systems).

- CTSDEPLOY web services must be configured in each of the ABAP systems but all pointed to the java stack of the domain controller.

Again, thank you very much, Kiran, for your help!

Regards,

Dao

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

One more thing that might be worthwhile to note and might be helpful for others:

>

>

> Under General Settings, choose the Call Parameters tab page.

> Select CTSDEPLOY as the HTTP destination.

> Specify the path suffix /DeployProxy/default?style=document.

> Save your entries.

> create and activate it.

>

As per SAP Note 1139406: in Release 7.00, it is recommended that the path is entered in the HTTP destination (when you created the CTSDEPLOY HTTP using SM59) -> This is what I did. As of Release 7.01, it is recommended that the path is entered in the logical port as mentioned by Kiran.

Regards,

Dao

Answers (0)