Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to kill process/Actavity in SAP ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to kill process/Actavity in SAP ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

to kill the process:

-> SM50

-> flag the process you want to kill

-> go to PROCESS --> Cancel WITHOUT core

Regards&Saluti

Cristian

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member

to kill the process:

-> SM50

-> flag the process you want to kill

-> go to PROCESS --> Cancel WITHOUT core

Regards&Saluti

Cristian

0 Kudos

hi cristian,

when i 'm trying these steps to kill running process , give me message:

"

sap system message:

work process restared; session terminated

"

and  close session forcely.

where is the problem ? is that i can't kill running process!?

thanks

Aziza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what processes are you talking about ? Could you be more precise ..

When you would like to kill the workprocesses you can

use the method as descibed in the previous reply..

Kind Regards

Thomas Alt

0 Kudos

suppose due to some process/activity dead lock occurred so i need to kill that process

0 Kudos

Hi,

you can kill the workprocesses as descibed in the previous memo within transaction SM50.

From within transaction SM50 you can gather the process id (PID) of the relevant process and kill that process on

OS-level. Under Windows you can search for the PID within the Task Manager and on UNIX you can send a kill -9 <PID>.

The process will than be restarted by the dispatcher .

Kind Regards

Thomas Alt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also do it through Transaction SM66. Select the process you want to kill then goto Edit->Process->Cancel->with core.

Cheers,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can anyone explain all the possible task that can be done through sm66 and what will happen

If we do cancel with core

Regards,

Vivek

0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

SM 66 is used for global instance overview.

canecl with core will generate a core file, cancel without core won't generate a core file.

Regards,

Ratan Roy

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Dear

it is dump created by oracle the core file set it increase file system space unwantedly you can delete core file in file system from /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGSXX/work/core

it delete the process from os level also

Regards

0 Kudos

The core file contains the memory state of the work process at the point it was terminated. You could use it for debugging the work process if you had access to the kernel source code, which you don't unless you are SAP. For most people, then, the core file is of no interest and just takes up space in the operating system's file system. Using "cancel without core" is the thing to do.

That said, sometimes I find "cancel without core" doesn't actually work but "cancel with core" does. I always try without core first, but occasionally have to resort to with core. If you do cancel with core, make sure to go and delete the core file afterwards to avoid the file system filling up. Work process core files can be large. You'll find it in a directory/folder here - /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/work (substitute DVEBMGS00 as appropriate).

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Another way to Kill the work process   DPMON is Dispatcher Monitor (DPMON.exe), which is located under /usr/sap//sys/exe/run. DPMON check the status of the work processes or the dispatcher queue at operating system level.

First go to the location /usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile

1. Log on at operating system level as the adm. Use command cdpro to list down the available profile.

Start the utility program ‘dpmon’. Use the profile used by the application server

example command: dpmon pf=

Type ‘m’ to display all the menu available for the dpmon

Now select P to find the work process admin tables

Check the work process which you want kill and select the 1 option to kill the same.

regards,

Dinesh

0 Kudos

0 Kudos