cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Builder url via sap web dispatcher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Forum!

We host a PI Server for an external customer. I try to handle all webcalls via a SAP Webdispatcher by changing some properties in the exchange profile. For example

com.sap.aii.connect.rwb.name change from PI host to name of wdp host

and

com.sap.aii.connect.rwb.httpport from 5000 to wdp port (80)

is running fine

I have problems with the integegration builder:

I changed following parameters:

com.sap.aii.connect.directory.mshost from pi host to wdp host

com.sap.aii.connect.directory.mshttpport from 8100 to 80

The result is:

Cannot connect to server using message server: ms://wdphost:80/P4

Is ist possible to run the Integration Builder via SAP Webdispatcher? What else do I have to change

I readNote 951910, but Iam not sure, if I all figured out.

Thank for your help

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You donot need to change the properties of exchange profile which is pointing to message server for the simple reason that message server is just one for any system!! It cannot be load balanced. Infact, using message server and port 8100, PI itself is load balancing the requests through message server load balancing method.

For al other properties which point to either CI or DI, you can insert webdispatcher URL. But leave the message Server as it is.

Cheers!

Javed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu, dear Javed!

Thanks for your replies.

Indeed there ist a firewall between WDP and PI-Server.

But when I call the Integration Builder from Browser there is no connect to WDP at all. I see nothing in the WDP log or in the Firewall log.

When I dont change the ms parameters in exchange profile it works from my LAN, but not from the customer network site:

Cannot connect to server using message server: ms://pishortname:8100/P4

I am sure it will work when they call the FQDN of the PI-Server, but I rather want them to direct them via the WDP.

Do you see a possibility?

Greetings Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

If you want to call IB from your WD, then you have to change the parameters as per note 951910.

Make sure you take a backup of your system before you do this.

If you change the parameters, you have to use WD hostname instead of PI hostname everywhere.

Then you have to call IB from WD hostname in LAN also.

Revert for any doubts.

Cheeers...,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu, I studied the note carefully.

For the mshosts in exhange profile (this are relevant parameters I think and checked out) they still want me to type the PI host <ascs virt. name> and not the WDP Host <virtual host>. So I save my time an fill in the FQDN of the PI host. Its a little pitty, but it works.

Thanks vor your help

Andreas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Is there a firewall between your Web dispatcher and PI system ?

I think web dispatcher is unable to reach the PI system over P4 port i.e 5<xx>04.

Try to telnet this port from WD.

Cheers....,

Raghu