Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expense (PR05) - Line item change report

RahulGoyal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi:

We are looking for a report on the changes made in the trip line items after the trip was submitted, approved, transferred to FI (at every status).

Basically if a consultant has submitted an expense and is approved by the manager, Then if consultant is opening that trip again and making the changes in the line item (change in cost object, amount etc) or adding a new line, we need a report which tells when was the change made, what was the change etc.

With the custom program, we are able to get the trip status history but not the line item details (change).

Any suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may know this already.

You can see the changes made from the PAYMENT HISTORY report (PTRV_PAYMENT_HISTORY). Trips that have a change history have the change flag icon. There is an icon for that in PR05 and TRIP.

RahulGoyal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It tells the status of the trip but doesn't tell me what change is made.

For example:

If the original trip had one line for Airfare (say 1000) which was approved and transferred.

Later on this was adjusted to Airfare (say 1010) which was again approved.

We want to know amount was changed from 1000 to 1010 on this date. Similarly to cost assignment. Any field which has accounting effect.

Basically our Accounts payable needs to know if they should settle the expenses without waiting for the receipts at month end (in the scenario where cost object is changed later but amount is same, so there is no revised receipt from consultant. They can just settle it again)

Some kind of report which tells when and what change was made (at item level).

Thanks.

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

I think you can see all the changes in the payment history; cost object changes, amount changes, reason changes, etc. But the changes are identified only between different versions.

So, if a trip had an expense of 1000, got approved and then settled (Ver 99). Later the amount was changed to 1000 (ver 98), you will be able to see those changes.

RahulGoyal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi:

May be I am missing that piece. I dont see the version in this report output. It shows me the trip with new values but no version. Where do I see the version in report PTRV_PAYMENT_History? I have added all the columns in the layout.

Thanks.

Rahul

RahulGoyal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did you mean Sequential number? When I look at the detail of the trip in this report, I see sequential number 99. So if that is the version, how do i retrieve the old version? is 98 the old ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Yes. The Sequential Number in the report is the version number. The oldest version is 99 and newer versions are created in descending sequence after each payment/settling.

As I said the changes are recorded only between two different versions.

If you see 99 in your report, you probably also see 'No payment History' for the trip.

If you settle that trip, and later make changes to it, version 98 will be created, and you can see the difference in the field values similar to any change documents history.

Answers (0)