cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3(Idoc) - XI -JDBC,DB2 / File

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Scenario is to get Idoc from R3 and based on a value in the payload I need to query DB2 Database on AS400/DB2 system before sending all these details to File System. Can someone please explain me steps involved to complete this scenario.

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

After calling DB2, do you need to get any data from the DB2 and then send it to File ? Is this is the Requirement?

Then you can go with BPM and like this

<i>Recieve the Idoc Message

Send the Query to the DB2 sycnrnously

After receiving the Response send the message into File system.</i>

the bpm flow will be something/similar like this-

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response. yes I have to get data from DB2 ( with the data from Idoc) and then I need to map Idoc data and db2 data into file format. Would you please explain how I can use Payload info to get db2 data record.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Just you want to do Select Query in the DB2 ? After getting this data, you need to merge both the data i.e Idoc and DB2 data and then you need to send this to File.

Is this is the scenario?

If so, you can do this , with the help of Tarnsformation step with N:1 mapping concept.

To get the response Back to the XI, you can check this blog-

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy thanks a lot. here is my scenario again. Sorry If it confuses

XI gets data from R/3(Idoc)

XI Calls AS/400 DB2 based on a value from Idoc Payload to get more details.

XI maps both Idoc and the data from DB2 to File format.

XI sends sends out file to 3rd party system.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it can be done. first of all,You need to go thru both the blogs mentioned by me .

So in the first reply,I have mentioned blog with BPM. In there instead of RFC, you need to think about JDBC connection to the DB2. For structure,configuration etc, you can check 2nd blog.

Regards,

Moorthy

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ram

What SP level are you in XI. Depending upon the data you need, You should be able to do JDBC look up from your mapping. There are a couple of blogs which talk about JDBC lookup.

I see you have closed the thread but if you are interested I can give you more information on this.

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate your response. Would you please provide me more info as you offered. Thanks a lot and your response is much appreciated.

Message was edited by: Ram Krish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ram,

Take a look at this blog for using DB look up in your mapping.

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

If you go by doing a DB look up in your mapping, you can always avoid a BPM in your case as your IDOC -- DB -- File , will become IDOC -- FIle with the DB part being handled in mapping.

The choice between both the appraoches depends on the enitre functionality and the number of lookups you are going to do.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (0)