cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP: ATP bucket assignment for supply elements - how to use BucketLogic ?

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a little issue with applying correct bucket logic - hoping somebody has a hint for me on this.

My case:

I have a PurchaseOrder coming in on Date_X, Time 00:00 in R3 --> same day and time in Product view in APO

I have a ProductionOrder coming in on Date_X, Time 24:00 in R3 --> same day and time = 23:59:59 in Product view in APO

.. this means both elements should create ATP supply qty to confirm a SalesOrders for Date_X

My general ATP settings in APO are very simple:

"ShiftReceipts" = 00:00, "IssueLimit" = 00:00 (there is no offset defined etc., demand & supply bucket are in synch and should behave like R3 ATP check)

Now if I apply in the "progressiv" Bucket Logic in the ATP group

--> the PurchaseOrder becomes available a day before Date_X (problem, too early)

--> the ProductionOrder becomes available on Date_X (correct)

Now if I apply in the "conservative" Bucket Logic in the ATP group

--> the PurchaseOrder becomes available on Date_X (correct)

--> the ProductionOrder becomes available on Date_X+1 (problem, too late)

I believe its somehow linked to how SAP is handling the supply element assignment to an ATP bucket in case it's falling exactly onto a "bucket cut line" ...any help is very appreciated !

Regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

you can try the "Exact" bucket logic. Check out note 1231744 if you have <=SCM 500 release.

best regards,

Michael

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

tks for the hint. I'll give it try but ...

I want to avoid "exact" logic since SAP is not recommending it for performance reasons (we are running multiple times a day massive BOPs for several plants). Basically we want to gain the BOP performance advantages over R3 using the ATP time series aggregation with gATP - therefore I'm playing around with "conservative", progressive" in the ATP bucket logic.

I simply need to have all supply elements of a day in R3 assigned to the same day as available qty in APO. I wonder why such very simple case is not managable in APO - meanwhile my guess is that we have a bug here (using SCM5.0 SP13) - but I haven't found anything related in OSS.

Regards

Thomas

Answers (0)