cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restirct user to a portfolio through authorisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to restrict some users in xRPM 4.5 to only have access to one Portfolio how do I do this using Authorisations?

Regards,

Siyabonga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Siyabonga,

you can use the ACL on the portfolio / buckets for this

Best regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot,

May you please assist with more details as I have tried to use authorizations in Portfolio and give the user None authorizations but the user can still make changes and view the Portfolio. An example is I have 3 Portfolio's A, B and C, Users who have access to B I want to resctrict them from viewing Portfolio A and Portfolio C.

Do I have to make changes on the role? and How?

Regards,

Siyabonga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siyabonga,

You need to delete the ADMIN rights from the object ACO_SUPER in the RPM role assigned to the user.

This assignment overrides everything that's been set in RPM.

If you change the authorization of the object, RPM will take the settings made in RPM into account.

After changing the settings use authorizations in Portfolio and give the user None authorizations.

Regards,

Santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks a lot for the info. I think there is something that I am doing wrong, I have copied X_XRPM:Administrator and created a new role X_XRPM:ABC in this role i have deactivated the object ACO_SUPER do I have to delete it?

I have also tested but the results are not good as the user can still view and make changes on the other Portfolio even though I have given role X_XRPM:ABC authorisation NONE.

Regards,

Siyabonga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siyabonga,

You need not delete the object ACO_SUPER only remove ADMIN rights from that object.

If this still does not work the recommended option is to use the 'My Objects' link for your purpose where there is a functionality called "My Item dashbaord" where only Items that the user has direct authorizations are displayed.

What you can also do is to create the implicit enhancement at the end of the FM /RPM/ITEM_GETLIST. There you can modify the return table ET_ITEMS so that only items with logon user directly assigned are returned.

Regards,

Santosh.

Answers (0)