Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two TOs got created for a single Posting Change

former_member459660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

A material document with movement type 309 got posted in a plant where WM is active.Here the material is moving from one batch to another batch.

The material document has 100 items.For each item when this movement happens a Posting Change will get created in WM and this will get converted to TO immediately through background job.

For all the materials except one this is happening fine, ie if for example if the quantity in the material doc is say 100 PC,then posting change will get created for 100 PC and this gets converted to single TO with 100 pc

But for one materal , for a Posting change of qty 90, two TOs got created with same qty ie 90 pcs each.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.What may be the reasons for this

Regards

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pls check whether 2 step picking is active for that material at material master level

Regards

Amuthan M

former_member459660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amuthan

Thanks for the reply.

But i dont think that may be the reason, becaz the material document contains only one material .The 100 line items are for the same material, but moving from a single batch to different bacthes, splitting the quantity.

So if it is at material master level, then all line items should behave in the same way.

Hope you agree on this

Regards

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it because of the quantities availble for creating TO in two different quants.For example : you are doing posting change for 90 PCs in a storage bin, but based on the picking strategies for creating the TO, system may be picking other partial quantities that are availeble in 80PCs and 10PC (partial qties.) Not sure if this is the reason, but you can check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, please check current locations of the stock as RK stated it must be splitting the T.O. because the quants are different in a way that requires separate T.O.

for example if you use storage sections or picking areas system must create separate t.o. for separate picking areas.

former_member459660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear RK and Arakish,

Thanks for the replies.

But i think i need to expalin you the issue in detail.

Problem Description:

1) Single Posting change getting converted to two TOs with same quantity each

2) Unable to go into display mode or change mode of Posting Change because of Error message. u201CPosting change quantity less than quantity already postedu201D

Message no. L2145

Sceanrio:

Material Document is posted with 309 movement,for moving a single material from single batch to different batches. The material document consists of 140 line items for the same material, but movement happening to 140 different batches.

For example First line item of the material document corresponds to movement of the material

From batch 1530040 to batch 71656W01 with quantity 105.438 DIE

Second line item

From batch 1530040 to batch 71656W02 with quantity 105.374 DIE

For each line item, once the movement is posted in IM, corresponding Posting Change get posted in WM with the same Quantity. A background job converts Each Posting Change to single TO with same quantity.

For example: For the first line item , Posting change 713513 got created with quantity 105.438 DIE which got converted to TO 1057743 with same quantity ie 105.438 DIE

Issue:

But only for one line item, the Posting Change with Quantity 90.901 DIE got converted to two TO s of quantity 90.901 each. And the posting change status is Partially Processed

Because of this, we are not able to go inside the Posting Change neither in the Display mode or Change mode due to the above mentioned error message.

Please let me know your thoughts on this

Regards

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shyam,

It seems bit strange. I guess it is a random occurrance on one material/batch.. Would you please see whether both the TOs are created at the same time and with the first run of batch job or these TOs created in two different runs of batch job? And also if the status to partially processed causing the second TO trigger etc..

Regards

Gopal

former_member459660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gopal,

Both the TOs were created exactly on the same time.

The second point, may the second TO was triggered because of the Partially processed status.but then the Question arises why it went to Partially processed status, when the TO was created for the same quantity as Posting change.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Regards

SHYAM