cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ship to party address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having a scenario wherein for various line items in the sales order we have multiple ship to party addresses.As per our long term practice, we have a practice of changing the ship to party address in the delivery document for the same single ship to party code which is same as the sold to party. But in the recent past, we had a problem that whenever we create a delivery for the same sales order which has line items with multiple ship to party addresses and we change the address for the ship to party in the delivery document,the last changed address for the ship to party overwrites all the previous other ship to party addresses for various deliveries created for the same sales order.

Regards,

Vee Kay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is greyed out at the item level even b4 i save the sales order.i can make changes to the address only at the header level.

regards,

vee kay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for your reply.

I now face a problem that the ship to party address at the item level in sales order is not editable.need to knw how i can make this editable.

regards,

vee kay

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Generally, the address of the partners is greyed out in sales order, only if a subsequent document is created for the sales order, otherwise it will always allow.

Check if any other document is created for your sales order.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is an expected issue.

When you are not changing the address of SH in the sales order, but in the delivery, it is bound to happen. It is because, when you save the sales order, you are not changing the address and hence there is only one address number generated.

When you change the address in delivery, as the address number is already existing, the details are updated in the address number. As a result the sales order and the deliveries for the sales order are having this problem.

When you create a sales order, go to every line item and include a comma or : for the ship to party address. This has to be done for every line item of the SO. Thus multiple address numbers are created. Now if you change the address in delivery, the changes will be reflected for the relevant line items alone in the sales order, but not in the other deliveries which were created for other line items of this sales order. Not changing the values in sales order is not possible. It also makes sense to change the address in SO also when the address is changed in delivery. It will not make any sense having one address for SH in sales order and another address for SH in delivery. Whatever is the address of SH in SO, the delivery should happen only to that address.

Hope my explanation answers ur qn.