cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading the Installation and Upgrade files from market place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are planning to upgrade from SAP R3 4.7 to ECC 6.0 EHP4. As a prerequisites we are planning to download below objects/softwares from SAP market place.

1.SAP Upgrade Patches and Upgrade Files for upgrade to ECC 6.0 EHP4 (or

latest)

2.SAP Installation of ECC 6.0 EHP4 (or latest)

3.BI Installation (Latest version)

4.Solution Manager Installation

Advise us, under which category we will get these software cds? We have searched the files under below path.

www.service.sap.com/swdc

Downloads

Support Packages and Patches AND/OR Installations and Upgrades

Entry by Application Group

SAP Application Components

" SAP ERP"

SAP ERP 6.0

Installation and Upgrade

ORACLE

Is the above path is correct? Please, advise where I can get the files meeting my above requirements? What all files I might need to download?

Thanks in advance!!!

Best Regards,

Kedar

Edited by: Kedar Malekar on Jul 28, 2010 1:18 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to upgrade your R/3 system to EHP4 level you should have solution manager installed. Because all the patches for EHP4 will be available from solman only.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunny. We don't have solution manager yet. Without solution manager, we can download the files y having approvals from SAP on sv-smg-mai-apr. Can you let me know what all files I will requre? Is the path specified in my original message is correct?

Best Regards,

Kedar

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

But from where you will get the stack xml file which is required for EHP4 upgrade ?

Check How to install EHP4 guide on http://service.sap.com/erp-ehp.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunny for your inputs. I had raised a message with SAP to get some clear idea, SAP told me that The files for which you need solution manager needs to be approved via sv-smg-mai-apr. i.e. After adding these files to our download basket, SAP will approve these files from their end.

Best Regards,

Kedar

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's is fine but my main concern is how you till get stack xml file because this file generated from MOPZ transaction is solman and then you download this file from EPS/in of solman.

Check SAP note 1134872. Have you discussed this with SAP whether they will provide stack xml file or not ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunny. I will go through SAP note and check with SAP as well.

Best Regards,

Kedar