cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple ATP Check at Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have checked most of the threads in SDN and they mainly describe about the nodes in IMG that needs to be configured, which is helpful.

I would like to understand, for the scenario below, the steps to configure/activate a simple ATP checking: -

Business scenario: Does not require any transfer of requirement, but will sell from what is available in stock and then determine the delivery date.

Basically, I would like to understand on activating and configuring the simple ATP check that will check that during PGI, that the required stock to perform the goods issue is sufficient in stock.

Hence, please advise which type of availability check control is the most suitable, how to activate and what are the configuration needed to be done.

Thanks.

Moderator message - Please do not offer points or rewards

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Jul 29, 2010 12:33 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you only need that at PGI (not in a sales document like order or delivery) the system won't issue more than available stock, there's nothing to be done. This is an automatic feature; just make sure that negative stocks are not allowed.

Regards,

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you for the reply.

My apology, I would want an ATP check at the point of creating delivery, as the delivery will be immediately performed goods issue.

Yes, i am aware about the standard function of SAP that during PGI it will check and inform when there is insufficient stock, which then no PGI will be possible.

I would want a basic ATP check during delivery, in which when the delivery is created, and when there is insufficient stock, the dialogue screen should pop up to select another storage location.

On an additional note, I have additional questions that I would like to enquire and appreciate your light on the below: -

1. In the step "Carry Out Control for Availability Check", there are so many checking rule(s) possible to be assigned to one Availability Checking Group (i.e. 01 or 02). As such, how does the system determine which rule to use if assuming for a combination of Material + Plant --> is assigned with Checking Group 01 or 02?

2. Appreciate your feedback also on your opinion if an Order level ATP check or Delivery level ATP check (both with ATP Logic) is better.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PKW,

Checking group and checkig rule combination of this availability check is done.Checking group is determined

from material master sales/plant view and checking rule based on type of sales document you

are creating.For SD point of view for sales order A and for delivery B is assigned.Checking rules are hard coded in the standard

program.If you want to add you customized checking rule then for that you need to do new enhancement.

As far as sales point of view availability check is done based on this two criteria.

As far which is the better place to do availability check in sales order level or delivery level its depends on the business

requirement.I have see some project availability check is done in sales order and in some in delivery level.

Let me know if you require further query regarding this.

Regards,

Bedayan.

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check group comes from Materil Master- Sales/General/plant

Checking rule - In customization we can enter new checking rule too-but for SD module the determination is pre coded by SAP-

Basically it proposes different creteria like assignment cat-special stock indicator

In Other applications we can define new checking rule (Like in purchasing, production,PS etc.)

Ex: Purchasing-sch.agreement-set upstock transport sch. agreement

Thanks

Chidambaram

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered. Thank you.

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Donot maintian any AV check- in material- or sch.line level-