Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPS Issue - java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need to get files from FTPs server. We are using PI 7.1. Basis team has uploaded all requiered CAs into the server. I am able to connect to the FTP server if the security is disabled. But when the security is enabled then I am not able to connect. I am getting below pasted Connection time out error.

I am using port 21 and same Host Name as mentioned in the CA certificate. What could be the issue. Is this related to the CA files deployed?

Error from CC Monitoring -

Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "<FTP Hostname>:21": java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

Thanks,

Phani Akella.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Do the following chkups....

1) Whether Port 21 is open and allowed to connect with FTP.

2) Ping, FTP and telnet if possible from PI box to FTP.

3) User mentioned in Communication channel have authorization for read and write on FTP server.

4) FTP ports are open.

5) Firewall setting done properly.

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

former_member1231563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Check this information in order to check the aviabilitity of the ports:

http://kb.siteground.com/ftp_port_21/

Regards,

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

There was some issues in Certificate provided to use. I have got a new certificate from 3rd party and it worked. Also check if ports are open at firewall level or not. Just telnet port 21 from your SAP PI server. Take help of your Basis team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally port used for FTPS is 990..

so check by changing the port no..from 21 to 990..

HTH

Rajesh

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

As suggested I tried with port 990. But no luck...Same Connection time out issue.I am able to connect to the FTPS server using WinSCP FTPS client. There I am using 21 as the port number. So, I think port 21 is fine.

I also tried testing the SSL using the url "https://<hostname>:50001/index.html". Its not working...I am getting page cannot be displayed error.

Does this mean that drivers were not deployed properly?