cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc to BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi evrybody!

I am tyring to configure an IDoc -> BPM -> IDoc scenario. So far, I haven't had any success.

I have a simple JAVA program that generates IDocs and sends them to an SAP system. Now I have changed its configuration so that it now sends the IDocs to an XI system.

I have configured the following objects:

(1) Business Service:

____My JAVA program (adapter specific logical system is set)

____IDoc structure as outbound interface

(2) Receiver Determination:

____Sender Service as in (1)

____Interface as in (1)

____Receiver: My BPM

____Receiver agreement: n/a

(3) Interface Determination:

____Inbound interface: Abstract interface of BMP

____Interface Mapping: Working interface mapping

(4) No receiver agreement

Everytime I send an IDoc using my JAVA tool, I get the error "RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: No service for system (1), client 100 in Integration Directory".

I don't understand this error, since I have configured a receiver determination...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Joerg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joerg,

Have you made the necessary ale configurations between source SAP system, XI and target SAP system. For example:-You will have to create a logical system name for the R/3 client and then you will have to give this name for the corresponding business sysyem that you have created in the SLD...

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushumna,

This is not possible, since I am not sending the IDocs using an SAP system, but from my JAVA program.

Therefore I have configured my system as a service - w/o creating a Port in transaction IDX1, for example. I do not know how I could do that, since I need a client and a rfc destination for this transaction, both of which aren't usable, since I am using a JAVA system...

Therefore, I have simply entered a "logical system" name in the adapter-specific data of the business system - hoping this would be enough...

Regards, Joerg

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you elaborate , how java system is generating idocs?

Anyway error looks in the Reciever side. Do you have logical system, SM59 entry correctly set up pointing to the SAP system?

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately, posting XI xonfiguration in HTML is a real pain... but I'll try.

My JAVA program is setting the IDoc header fields like so:

doc.setMessageType("ZXXX");
doc.setRecipientPort("SAPXYZ");
doc.setRecipientPartnerType("LS");
doc.setRecipientPartnerNumber("XYZCLNT010");
doc.setClient("100");            
doc.setSenderPort("SENDER_SYS");
doc.setSenderPartnerType("LS");
doc.setSenderPartnerNumber("n/a");     

The pipeline is configured like this:

SENDER          RECEIVER         MAPPING     REC. AGGRMT.

<SENDER_SYS>    <BPM>           
  <IDOC ITF.>     <abs. itf.>      <map>        n. req.

<BPM>             <XYZCLNT010>
  <abs. itf.>        <IDOC ITF.>   <map>        <IDOC>

The second part is concerned with sending an IDoc from the BPM, however I think the error is occuring in the first part - the BPM is not found as the receiver of the IDoc. That is how I interpret the error message...

Any ideas?

Regards, Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what type of adapter have you used for your Business System defined for your Java program?

I don't know exactly what happens if you use a sender IDoc adapter... It might be that the adapter want to read metadata information from a SAP system repository, specified by the Client and SystemPort. In the case that there is no SAP system specified, the error occurs...

Please have a look on that link

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8a/b8b13bb3ace769e10000000a11402f/content.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8a/b8b13bb3ace769e10000000a11402f/content.htm</a>

Regards,

Lars

Message was edited by: Lars Ottawa