Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Saving the Query output data in Excel format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recnetly we had upgraded from 4.6c to ECC 6.0.

In ECc 6.0 environment, when user try to export the query output , we are getting only XML option to save the data.

But user want to save the data in EXcel format, he was able to do that in 4.6C.

pleas eprovide some inputs, on this issue.

Thanks,

Sanketh.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanketh,

Since you upgraded from 4.6 to ecc

Did you search OSS NOTES? Pls take some time and search

Similar links

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos

I cannot for the life of me imagine, why a link to a post in the 'Business One Forum' where one uses ODBC to transfer query-data to MicroSoft Excel is of relevance to the OPs question, even if the same is not a security issue.

Never mind. [note 40155|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/402155] deals with various symptoms in the ALV-Excel combination as as of release 4.6C. There are various others, mostly in components BC-SRV-ALV and BC-ABA-LI - also: I remember that when we upgraded from 4.5B to 4.7C there was an issue with Excel-templates -> the solution was in the release notes somewhere. So, in addition to SMP you might want to check the release notes and/or upgrade guide for solutions.

And yes, moderators ... this is not a security issue, this should go to ECC-Applications/Upgrade.

0 Kudos

Yes I agree.

But before you do that can you please post

what are the values for the following objects for the USER

S_GUI ( Give * for this object and see if it works )

S_DOKU_AUT

S_TRANSLAT

Edited by: Franklin Jayasim on Jul 28, 2010 7:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos