Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy to reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have these requirement.

i have quantity contract (QC) for material A 100PCS (item category KMN).

item cat KMN --> completion rule C, in VTAA QC-> OR, i maintain:

pos/neg qty = +

update doc flow = X

copy req = 303.

then i made sales order reference to contract QC, for 100PCS. save SO, then status in contract is complete.

then i want to create sales order again reference to that contract, but system give error "The reference has already been completely copied or rejected"

i want the system keep allow me to create SO reference to contract, even status in contract is complete.

how we do that?

please any suggestion.

Thanks

BR,

Hendry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hendry.....I am facing simliar problem.....can you please tell how you solved this problem.......

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hendry,

have you tried the below changes.

VOV7 >> select item category KMN and keep completion rule Blank

VTAA >> select the QC-> OR, go to item level, uncheck the u201Cupdate document flowu201D

create SO with ref to contract after doing the above changes and test

Regards,

Sats

Former Member
0 Kudos

hei,

you need to underlined this. i want status in contract will be completed after all qty in contract is referenced. but i also want when status in contract is complete, i still could made SO reference to that contract.

Best regard,

Hendry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure whether you have already tried suggestion given by G. Lakshmipathi

Iu2019m not sure whether you can achieve this as per the standard SAP configuration. As I said if you remove the completion indictor then it will allow you to create more SOs with reference to contract. But this is not your requirement.

If you just want to copy the information from contract to sales order then as you might already aware that you can consider the following w/o changing in the configuration. Create an SO without reference to contract, enter customer number and go to menu u2013 edit u2013 propose items u2013 and then enter the contract number there and the necessary info will get copied from the contract down to order.

Complete reference box in the VTAA header should be unchecked I think.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you have maintained "C" in item category, you cannot create another sale order since you have fully referenced the quantity in sale order. May be you can try by maintaining "D" which I am not sure.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hendry,

Try with a blank pos/neg quantity field as this affects the quantity of source document to be copied. If this is made positive, then system determines that there is no quantity to copy and therefore new order can't be created though the copying requirements is 303 which is to copy every item. If you remove this '+' in pos/neg quantity, it could work.

Cheers,

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Krishna Chandika,

if i put blank on '+' in pos/neg quantity, status in contract will always open (never complete even target quantity is fully reference). i want the contract status is complete, but we can still create SO reference to contract.

Best Regard,

Hendry

Former Member
0 Kudos

The pos/neg qty field sets the status field and it is the status that the system uses to give the error message. So if you don't want the status to be always open, then another possible option is to check if that message can be made a warning.

I am not sure if that specific message can be made a warning but more importantly it would probably involve changing the standard setting (since most people would want to prevent fully completed documents from being copied!)