cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender SOAP Adaptor - how to use an imported WSDL file

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to implement an inbound soap interface between my client and its external customer.This interface is in place with the legacy system,which has a webservice that the external customer invokes to send us data.

Now the problem im facing is, the external customer is not willing to change anything on their end (like using our new webservice) except the connection URL,user name and password.(which makes sense too)

I have the WSDL which is currently used imported in XI but has all different namespaces,SOAP address location etc and if I use the messages in the WSDL as it is as my source then its failing in my message mapping.I cannot create the same schema (data type and message type) because the current WSDL root element and some other elements start with a _

Thanks in advance for advices on how to go about it.

Mat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Creating XSD's from the WSDL using an external tool and importing them solved my problem.

@Peter, what I meant was the element names starts with underscores '_'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

I've had problems importing and using certain WSDL's too, and needed to create my own datatypes and service interfaces to circumvent the problem, using my own namespaces. In order not to have any problems with the namespaces used by the sender, I used the anonymizer bean in the soap adapter module.

I didn't understand what you meant by elements starting with 'a_'. Is the sender using different element names in the WSDL than in the XML sent ? Perhaps you can show us the WSDL and an incoming test message ?

kr,

Peter Glas

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can change the XML namespace (the message namespace) in the message type.

If you cannot create a data type in PI, you can use also an external tool to create an XSD to upload in PI.

With an external XSD, you can have element names starting with _ also.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When your customer has already an interface and a function using that interface, then you have no choice. You have to use this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HEY,

Did You Have Knowledge on webdynpro?

Regards

J Sarathi