cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usr/sap/PRD filled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am having an issue with my PRD system, its usr/sap/PRD is 96 % filled. and after every week it gets filled 100 %. I mannually delete core and everything gets OK. Now I want to know that can I delete old audit logs from log directory to get some more free space.

Replies are welcome.

Regards ,

Shashi Bhooshan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use SM18 to delete old audit logs. Although 96% full is not a good level of free space either for a production system and you should probably look into increasing the file system by adding a new disk, LUN etc

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have deleted the old audit logs and 96 % has gone down to 58 % .

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In any system /usr/sap/SID is an important file system which has to be in glance all the time. As other colleagues told you can delete the core files time to time. You can even delete the audit files from 6 months before to year before.

But if it is keep on growing better to extend the size of the file system if there is space in the respective volume group or have to go for a new hard disc.

Anu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure that you are cleaning up the old batch job logs in the global directory regularly, if possible, create a shell script to delete the very old logs and execute it in the background every night.

Also have a practice of deleting the old workflow logs from the global directory of the file system /usr/sap/<SID>.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are having core dumps every week, than something is not really ok... But in order to get rid of huge core files, you could create a file named core with permission 000. New core files can now not be generated anymore...

Kind regards,

Mark