cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSmobile Supported RF Devices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of implementing ITSmobile, Just want to know if some one has experience implementing this ITSmobile and would like to have information regarding

1. What RF devices are supported (Please point any SAP Note if possible)

2. What Browser and Operating systems are supported?

Thanks

Vamsi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

A good starting point is the ITSMobile WIKI: [ITSmobile |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/cr8 ]

That has information to the questions you asked. Also see notes:

BC-FES-ITS #1143191 ITSmobile, XML property RFID is not recognized

BC-FES-ITS #1390112 ITSmobile: RFID implementation for external ITS

BC-FES-ITS #1356513 ITSmobile: implemented WriteTagOnly RFID command

If replying - it would be useful to know your ITS/System details. i.e Basis and Kernel

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

I am looking for specific RF devices that SAP recommends, or some documentation around this.

If you have implemented previously please share some document that refers the RF devices.

Thanks

vamsi

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vamsi,

SAP does not specify a certain mobile browser or device.

As a consideration though I would recommend that you look into using the Symbol PocketBrowser or the Intermec iBrowse software, offered by hardware vendors Motorola and Intermec, respectively. These industrial browsers offer more configuration options, which is especially true if you would like to use keyboard shortcuts, like the function keys. Function keys are supported in the ITS Mobile, but rely on Meta key tags, which are not supported by all mobile browsers, the two that I have listed support to varying degrees.

Edgar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Vamsi,

You can also have a look in the online documentation [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/668d4b72255de4e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm].

The following notes might also help:

1093513 ITSmobile: Supported browsers and mobile devices

1276337 ITSmobile: required internet services

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Cristiano